the diet thread!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
well today is day 1 of my diet and quest to drop a bunch of weight and get myself into great shape. wish me luck. ill be keeping this thread alive and updating it weekly with updates. if anyone else would like to join me in this feel free.

november 17th- 225 pounds.
Photo135-1.jpg

december 1st- 219 pounds.
Photo145-1.jpg

jan 25th- havnt gotten on a scale yet, lol
Photo160-1.jpg

feb 6th- 209 pounds
Photo163.jpg

Last edited:
C

CultureCouture

A friend of mine did something similar- making his diet/workout regime public- and set these dates when he HAD to take a picture of himself shirtless and post it. Maybe it was every few months each time, I don't remember. He said it was a huge motivator, and, the best part, he's still in great shape. How influenced are you by public humility?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
good luck dude one of my buddies dropped 40lbs. on nutri-system for him it was all about the prepared meals and going to the gym...

A friend of mine did something similar- making his diet/workout regime public- and set these dates when he HAD to take a picture of himself shirtless and post it. Maybe it was every few months each time, I don't remember. He said it was a huge motivator, and, the best part, he's still in great shape. How influenced are you by public humility?

oh and by the way this is a faimily site there will be no shirtless posts...:rofl:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Be careful.. If you starve yourself it will all just come back and then some.

The best bet is to make some lifestyle changes and find solid support from family & friends.

Best of luck

VanDbtRiver

perfect time to start a diet...there arent any holidays in the near future that require a lot of eating and drinking...oh wait, quanza is rite around the corner.:rolleyes: good luck regardless.

Wobbegong

perfect time to start a diet...there arent any holidays in the near future that require a lot of eating and drinking...oh wait, quanza is rite around the corner.:rolleyes: good luck regardless.

Now is a tough time for this, holiday action is around the corner.

Best of luck, keep at it. Whats your goal weight?

J.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Holidays are the perfect time to start since there are so many options.
Just pick the things that will make you ride faster.
You can prove that it's possible to eat one cookie without polishing off the entire dessert table.
Now, that's empowering!

Go for it, MIG!!

BiknBen

ebineezer said:
im in the same boat MIG. lets do this!

Quote from Jaws...
Broadie: You're gonna need a bigger boat :rofl:

Cyclopath said:
You can prove that it's possible to eat one cookie without polishing off the entire dessert table.

There is only one way this is possible. Take one and pass the rest to me. You won't have the opportunity for seconds.
--------------
Sorry guys. I'm just playing. I once lost lots of weight too. Don't diet...make a lifestyle change for better health. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise!!! Make yourself accountable by telling others as you have done here. Read labels and educate yourself about better health habits.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ben's right. diet isn't the whole picture. you need to reprogram your body to access stored fat as energy and use the food you take in on a daily basis to "power" your body. this won't be an easy task b/c your body will fight back, tooth and nail, to not let you swap the current OS. it will take time so don't be discouraged. and DO NOT starve yourself. you're body will really react badly to that.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
just to clarify i HAVE done this before.

well i didnt really break down what im doing. as far as loss in concerned id like to get down to 185-108.. i have done this before, but i got very lax on it in the past year and a half. my dad recently dropped 65 pounds! and if he can do it so can i. heres a pic of me from last year when i was 195.
l_56351bed2736770a3ddcd7764688ce81.jpg

and as far as my routine goes. im back to running, and lifting and this time around i have biking in the mix too.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Just ride more. I'm on a liquid diet for the next 24 hours for some medical tests tomorrow. Its been a long morning.:drooling: Can't wait for my jello.:whoopdedo

N

NiceIrishGirl

I'm with ya dude! However, please keep in mind that there is no dieting on Thanksgiving Day. I will be busting my a** cooking for days, and you will eat it all. ;)

xoxo
the NICE irish girl

Top Bottom