the diet thread!

TonyC

MIG how's the diet?

It's been one month. How's the diet going?

I was searching old forums and Voila, noticed the weight loss post was back on Nov 17th.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
haha sorryi havnt updating. its been crazy at work so i havnt had a chance to. ill get on a scale this weekend and make anothr update. all in all, its going very well.

fit4life

Look into P90X. I lost 22lbs of fat and gained huges amount of muscle in 90 days. It covers it all...diet,work out routine, and supplements . Stamina was greatly increased. Total body work out and lifestyle change. GOOD LUCK

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Observations:

1. You look less mean in #3.

2. I see you acquired a TV.

3. I see the picture is still hung crookedly. :)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Lookin' good MIG.

You seem to be getting taller too. Or is the curtain just getting shorter?

+1 on the mean thing. Now you look like a nice Irish Boy who's trying to look mean.;)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
If you look at the 1st pic for a few seconds you might see this

gremlin_1.jpg

I also noted the newly organized dvd's / video games and the nice Irish banner.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
Observations:

1. You look less mean in #3.

2. I see you acquired a TV.

3. I see the picture is still hung crookedly. :)

hahah

1. im only mean when im hungry. im eating better and not so hungry, lol.

2. had a tv but it was on a lower stand. needed it higher to play guitar hero.

3. the picture was hung crooked by the previous tenant of the room. the other one i hung is straight. lol.

djm

Keep up the good work! What's your strategy? I'm in the middle of doing this myself.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
im eating really well and taking my vitamins. every morning i have some oatmeal, for lunch i will generally have some salad with some chicken in it or tuna, or a turkey sandwich on whole wheat or 12 grain bread. no cheese or mayo on it, just mustard. for dinner i usually have some grilled chicken or fish. brown rice and veggie on the sides. not the same thing every night, i mix it up a bit. also ill eat a few handfuls of granola every few hours in between meals to keep my metabolism running. i take fish oil with every meal as well. on my lifting days i have 30 grams of protein every three hours(thats either from my meals or from a protein shake.

as far as working out... monday, wed, and friday are my lifting days, and tuesday and thursday are cardio days. on the weekends i ride so thats more cardio as well.

my basic strategy is having the routine i do. once you fall into one youll be set. the weight is falling off me and its great. im down 16 pounds and i have about 30 to go. i feel ima meet my weight goal in no time.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
nice work MIG!

so you're taking in approx 150 grams of protien per day?? be careful with that. unless you are really hammering in the gym all of the extra is stored as fat. when i was at my most hardcore gym ratness and every bit of 250 lbs, i was in the 175 - 200 gram range. at that point light days were when i'd "only" move 8,000 total net pounds for my core exercise (squat, dead, bench or power clean).

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
nice work MIG!

so you're taking in approx 150 grams of protien per day?? be careful with that. unless you are really hammering in the gym all of the extra is stored as fat. when i was at my most hardcore gym ratness and every bit of 250 lbs, i was in the 175 - 200 gram range. at that point light days were when i'd "only" move 8,000 total net pounds for my core exercise (squat, dead, bench or power clean).

nah not that much. i dont ingest it for every hour im awake. i have about 30 grams during lunch, one shake inbetween, and my dinner. so give or take 90-100 a day. and only on my lifting days. im not trying to turn into a tank. maybe more like an armored car, lol.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
decided to resurrect this thread. now that im back into riding and dieting and working out full swing i figured ill keep posting in here. got some new goals and such.

current weight 196
goal weight 160-165

riding goal is to do at least 200 miles a week between being on the bike and being on the stationary. getting a road bike when i can afford it.

basically im doing all of this because i wanna prove to myself that reguardless of all the physical bullshit that went on with my body in the past 5 months that i can overcome it and race in the 2010 season. heres to living healthy and winning races!

Top Bottom