The December Get Outside (Or Anywhere) As Long As Your Active And Take A Picture Thread

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Solo Sourlands with the trendy @jimvreeland butt shot.
20191207_102800.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
First ride from new place in Flemington - and first ride after 4 days off. Very familiar with roads east but gotta find a safe route across 202 to the west. Maybe @Robin and @M3Tim have some routes?

Took so long to dig out my helmet and electronics from the rubble I forgot (again) my water bottle. Luckily still snow on top of the sourlands so ate some for a drink

IMG_20191207_151650_391.jpg

IMG_20191207_154845_576.jpg

Robin

First ride from new place in Flemington - and first ride after 4 days off. Very familiar with roads east but gotta find a safe route across 202 to the west. Maybe @Robin and @M3Tim have some routes

I cross at Hart Blvd/South Main Street, River Rd/Three Bridges, Everitt. Wertzville and Old York aren't bad. I never cross at Dory Dilts or Case.

Welcome to "the plateau" (roads north of 12).

Got lots of loops. Just lmk when you want ideas.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I cross at Hart Blvd/South Main Street, River Rd/Three Bridges, Everitt. Wertzville and Old York aren't bad. I never cross at Dory Dilts or Case.

Welcome to "the plateau" (roads north of 12).

Got lots of loops. Just lmk when you want ideas.
I usually cross at Case, Wertzville or Everitt. I used Case because it's close to my house and I used to work over by Diamond Nation. None of these are what I would consider particularly hairy.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
First ride from new place in Flemington - and first ride after 4 days off. Very familiar with roads east but gotta find a safe route across 202 to the west. Maybe @Robin and @M3Tim have some routes?

Took so long to dig out my helmet and electronics from the rubble I forgot (again) my water bottle. Luckily still snow on top of the sourlands so ate some for a drink

View attachment 112907

View attachment 112908
You are also alittle better situated to hit the stuff towards the river:
F212511D-CA15-4BB2-9A71-47F1C11401DD.jpeg

Primo stuff, you ride sourlands to make you feel fast, you ride this area to hurt.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 112907

View attachment 112908

Dory Dilts/River sucks. Voorhees Corner crossing onto Church has a dedicated bike lane. Everitts and Old York/514/179 are both good. I don't like Case right now because there's lots of construction between 202 and River for potential flat tires.

East Amwell, Montgomery, and Hopewell is great territory. Kingwood, Delaware, and Frenchtown along the river (Route 29) is great in the summer.

First picture is soccer fields on Clover Hill Road. Second picture is either Rake, Decker, or Featherbed Road. Am I right?

rick81721

Lothar
Dory Dilts/River sucks. Voorhees Corner crossing onto Church has a dedicated bike lane. Everitts and Old York/514/179 are both good. I don't like Case right now because there's lots of construction between 202 and River for potential flat tires.

East Amwell, Montgomery, and Hopewell is great territory. Kingwood, Delaware, and Frenchtown along the river (Route 29) is great in the summer.

First picture is soccer fields on Clover Hill Road. Second picture is either Rake, Decker, or Featherbed Road. Am I right?

Thanks fellow Flemingtonians! First pic correct, second is Ridge road (top of sourlands) between Rilleyville and Lindbergh

Top Bottom