The death of the 26" bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

olegbabich

What do you think of this?:
Smaller wheel has to rotate faster than bigger wheel to travel the same distance. Faster the wheel rotates then faster a new patch of rubber will make contact with dirt. I think more fresh tire making contact with dirt, equals more traction.

This might not aply too much on Mountain Bike, but when I rode Motorcycles my GPZ 450 was more flikeable than my Ninja 900.

I own both 26 and 29 and enjoy them all.

starflyr

Squidward's paddle bike is a 69er son...And Squidward is a jerk...

bike.jpg

-Jim.

damn squidward rides a trek! thank you for that!

phathucker

how are 29ers on steep declines? the reason i didnt get one was cause of the higher center of gravity, and well 29ers lack suspension travel.. it seems like if you ride 6 mile 29ers are great but what about droppin off steep rocks or drops, or technical declines?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
my new bike has really really short chainstays for a 29er. I'd say the shortest I've ever seen but I have seen some really ridiculous bikes that are way out of my price range. It also has pretty much no BB drop, which will make it kinda tall but I'm short so it evens out :)
I'll have pretty much no stem, and a retarded light but burly front end.
god I can't wait.... it's going to destroy my local trails.

haha no it's not the bmx bike :)
The guy building it builds bikes between building volkwagon hill climb cars. He's crazy old school and built a lot of the very early BMX bikes in the 80's
He's also changing up the way the dropouts work so production got pushed back till he finished it.
3839782787_9c48df7530_b.jpg

3839782609_e00b8058c7_b.jpg

hahaha! i knew i recognized those dropouts. you're getting a ssb* and you think that a 12.7" bb height equals 0.3" bb drop. it would, on a 26" wheeled bike that has @13" high axles. your 29" wheels have @14.5" high axles.

BUT, it is the most all mountain of the available 29ers, and should ride and hop better than anything out there. congrats. it's a killer frame by all accounts.

Last edited:

gtluke

The Moped
don't be spoiling my secrets!
by no drop i mean in terms of 29ers it's much higher than most frames out there.

MTBTyler

how are 29ers on steep declines? the reason i didnt get one was cause of the higher center of gravity, and well 29ers lack suspension travel.. it seems like if you ride 6 mile 29ers are great but what about droppin off steep rocks or drops, or technical declines?
Blah blah blah I am so sick of this debate! TRY IT! Its the only way to tell. AHH:getsome:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

My Sultan can do anything a 26inch FS can....

http://www.turnerbikes.com/2007/sultan.html

4 in the back, 4 in the front, Its a tank, but is a blast to ride.

BiknBen

how are 29ers on steep declines? the reason i didn't get one was cause of the higher center of gravity, and well 29ers lack suspension travel.. it seems like if you ride 6 mile 29ers are great but what about dropping off steep rocks or drops, or technical declines?

Center of gravity should not be a concern. Yes it is higher on a 29" bike but remains in proportion to the rest of the bike. The 29r's wheelbase is longer so stability, regarding center of gravity, on technical descents should be relatively the same as a smaller wheeled bike.

Yes, I do recall a feeling of being higher off of the ground. It has never been a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom