The Darkhorse Gallop

TonyC

ok, i know its a little early and everybody has their game face on for marty's but the course map is up on the darkhorse blog for the gallop.

there is also a special announcement/offer there as well.

check it out. all the cool kids are doing it!!!!!

http://teamdarkhorseracing.blogspot.com/

Cool, thanks for the heads up.. I'm planning on pre-riding next Sunday early morning.
This may be my devirginizer race.

Glancing Aft

So is it
Beginner: Prolog + loop
Sport: Prolog + loop + loop
Expert: Prolog + loop + loop + loop
Pro: Prologo + loop + loop + loop + loop
???

maddawg

you are correct sir.

prolog plus appropriate number of laps. the prolog is 1.5 miles and laps are 6.5

we use the prolog to split the field up a bit and because the campground singletrack is so fun!! you will only do the prolog loop off the start. after that when you come out of the woods at the base of the hill you make a right and ride up it again.

Last edited:
F

FallGirl1430

Dirt Rider Demon

Thanks for posting the map, Tommy and I are always riding there and I too ride there alone (getting lost) He only lives about 20 minutes north of Stewart. Now the problem ... I had posted last weekend after we rode there, there is a Dirt Rider Demon tearing up the single track with his motorcycle. Being a former MX racer (18 years) I feel bad for being a rat (me likes cheese) :p
But this guy must be stopped! :getsome: I say we kill em, than we shoot em

Chrrrrrrrrrrrrrristina ... :)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Is this course the same as last year? And cool offer on the carpool, but my car only fits 2 bikes (Toyota Yaris) so I'm out...

-Jim.

maddawg

new course this year. you might see a little bit of familiar stuff, like the prolog, but lots of new singletrack.

this course is for the darkhorse gallop.
the darkhorse 40 is august 3rd! for info coming on that soon. you can always check for updates on http://darkhorse40.blogspot.com/ and http://teamdarkhorseracing.blogspot.com/

we know about the moto's and we have been trying to work with the dec. its a sticky situation. it is technically illegal for them to be riding in there and the dec has been ticketing them but that only goes so far.

CrossAddict

As if stewarts was not one the best places to ride alread. You guys went out and added more sweetness to the course. :drooling: I almost can't handle it:D. You Rock!!

-rf

BiknBen

jimvreeland said:
And cool offer on the carpool, but my car only fits 2 bikes (Toyota Yaris) so I'm out...
-Jim.

You can go up with Fred and I. We'll all fight over who gets to sit with Shaniqua. She's a party girl! ;)

Panhead

By the way, who's up for a course pre-ride Saturday morning? 8am?[/QUOTE]

TM on Sat. How about Sunday, same time?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
TM on Sat. How about Sunday, same time?

Ringwood TM Saturday? I need my paydirt so I think I'll be hitting that too. Though I'm supposed to road bike with a friend. Decisions.
Let's talk later in the week about Sunday. Got a promising interview tomorrow so if it goes well I can kick back with lots of biking this weekend.

maddawg

ok the pot gets sweeter!

ok, the prolog is 1.7 miles. at the end of the prolog you will turn onto a dirt road for your first climb up the hill. at the top of this climb, only after the pro-log, will be a $10 cash preem for all beginner and sport classes!
you must grab the cash as you go by!

CrossAddict

New trail !

ok, i know its a little early and everybody has their game face on for marty's but the course map is up on the darkhorse blog for the gallop.

there is also a special announcement/offer there as well.

check it out. all the cool kids are doing it!!!!!

http://teamdarkhorseracing.blogspot.com/

D. horse,

I'm looking forward to checking out the new singletrack you guys cut after the road climb. I'm going to try to get there this weekend. It looks like the weather is going to be hot.

BTW this is my favorite race:D.

peace,

r to the f

Top Bottom