The Darkhorse Gallop

maddawg

Gpx

ok, i have been in contact with our nasa landsat consultant and gotten my hands on a .gpx file. since i use my internal gps, which usually gets me horridly lost as i try to convince anyone silly enough to ride with me that this is where we wanted to be anyway..., i have no idea where to host this file.
i can email it to anyone who would like to put it up on one of those uber fancy motionbased thing-a-ma-sites.
let me know.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sent you a PM. You can send it to me and I'll post it.

Thanks,
NASA - Jersey

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The NASA system has received your file. It is attached to this message.

Thanks Mike!

Attachments

• Gallop Course 08.gpx
    98.6 KB · Views: 249

maddawg

norm,
thanks for getting that file up and hosted. anybody dump it into motionbased to get a profile? i'm curious to see how it looks on paper.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I'm curious to see if motionbased would work on the saved file. I have never gotten it to work, I have always needed motion based to pull it from my active track log.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I pulled it into Mapmyride.com earlier and got an elevation profile out of it. Didn't save it though as I didn't want to create an account...

Thanks for posting that .gpx

.gpx looks Great!

Thanks.

And directions? I didn't see any on the link.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

CrossAddict

Ride Saturday/Sunday?

Is anyone going over to blast out a couple of laps on the course on Saturday or Sunday? I was going to head over one of those days.

-rf

F

FallGirl1430

Stewart news ...

From reliable sources I hear the race course is marked at Stewart. I may go over Saturday afternoon (depends on how the knee feels) than Tommy and I will be there Sunday afternoon too.

Christina ... :)

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Request for the Darkhorse crew:

Please consider sending off Sport 30-34 and 35-39 (and the 40-somethings as well I guess) separately as opposed to together. We're ranking them separately this year so we might as well get the benefit of a less-than-crazy field. At Waway we went off a minute or two apart and that was enough to keep it civil. But at Tymor and Lewis Morris we all went together and it was just too many riders when it didn't need to be. Just a minute would make a nice difference. Thanks for considering it - Justin

maddawg

we will be sending all the classes, as they are scored, in 2 min intervals. this makes it easier for our scorers, spreads out the field a bit and allows everybody a shot at the hill climb preem after the prolog!!!
thats right! there will be a $10 preem for beginner and sport classes at the top of the gravel road climb after the prolog. you must grab the 10 bill at the top of the climb.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2 minutes always seemed to make more sense to me as well.

Request:

Send me off 15 minutes before everyone else in the entire race. I promise I'll leave the $10 bill there.

Thanks.

xc62701

I'm not gonna be racing there but I think I'll be there for support. I know that 2 weeks after a big race I'm still recovering so I'm not going to kill my body. I will bring my bike though and check out some of the trails. Maybe I'll do the beginner race :rolleyes:

maddawg

markings

be advised that the markings on the trails in stewart at NOT for the darkhorse gallop. SPARC is hosting there buffer bike tour on sunday and they have marked trails for their rides. you can preride all weekend however please be respectful of their event. we will mark our course at the beginning of the week.

CrossAddict

I can't wait to ride those new sections this weekend!:D

I'll probably swing over on Saturday or Sunday morning ???:hmmm:

-rf

bushpig

Glad to hear about the staggered start. Beside helping the start be smoother it lets you see who you are racing against.

Top Bottom