The damage has been done

skipper

Rode Allaire today, stayed off tiger woods since the last time it rained a lot some areas got soupy and thus a lot of ruts formed after it dried up. Went over to the river trail (don't really know any other name for it...the one that dead ends at the golf course) and was kind of upset when I saw the first skinny was washed away. Rode a little further to find that a couple more bridges had either been washed away or heavily damaged from the rain and weather. Some sections of the trail got washed out pretty good too. I haven't been riding Allaire all that long, but I still didn't expect to see this...how much rain did we actually get this past week?

So anywho, what I was trying to get at is, as soon as there is another trail maintenance day scheduled, count me in. I've even thought about going back there to do some fixin' myself, but don't want to step on any toes...

Cheers

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
yeah there was a bunch of trail beating from the snow and rain in the last week. the trail you were on is the coke trail(named for the old coke machines of the side of the trail) that trail can be a mess with a little bit of rain i cant even imagine what its like after the past week. theres quiet a bit of deep ruts elsewhere in the park too. trail maintenance will handle this in the future, but it still sucks to see how beat up people let it get instead of avoiding the mud.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Went over to the river trail (don't really know any other name for it...the one that dead ends at the golf course) and was kind of upset when I saw the first skinny was washed away. Rode a little further to find that a couple more bridges had either been washed away or heavily damaged from the rain and weather.

:(:(:(:(:(:( I hope guy that built all the stuff is still around.:eek:

dualfisted

avoid coke trail in winter

Unless it's thoroughly frozen. That area is SOUPEEEE during the wet season. It's a short outn back trail anyway, lots of stuff out there that drains far better. Pick n choose when u hit the real river trail and tiger woods trail thru winter also. Lates yo,Tj

Frank

Sasquatch
Rode Allaire today, stayed off tiger woods since the last time it rained a lot some areas got soupy and thus a lot of ruts formed after it dried up.

Good call!

Went over to the river trail (don't really know any other name for it...the one that dead ends at the golf course) and was kind of upset when I saw the first skinny was washed away. Rode a little further to find that a couple more bridges had either been washed away or heavily damaged from the rain and weather. Some sections of the trail got washed out pretty good too. I haven't been riding Allaire all that long, but I still didn't expect to see this...how much rain did we actually get this past week?

The Coke trail is on a flood plain and every time we get a good amount of rain, that's what you end up with. Not to mention that the golf course has diverted all their water run-off to that area. I drove down Hospital road Friday night and had noticed that the Road Dept. had barricaded the road on Thursday, this must mean that the river got to bridge height.

So anywho, what I was trying to get at is, as soon as there is another trail maintenance day scheduled, count me in. I've even thought about going back there to do some fixin' myself, but don't want to step on any toes...

Cheers

While I appreciate your wanting to step in and fix things we ask that you leave it to items like putting the bridges back where they were. Please do not modify anything or change the course of the trails. In March we will start our monthly trail maintenance sessions again and you will see that info on this board. As a matter of fact you can see TM info for many parks here and we will add more parks as the schedules get made.
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8454

thanks,
Frank

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I rode today and I noticed the nicks seem to be working real well as I can not answer for tiger woods or the coke trail I would imagine that these 2 trails had quite a lot of water on them.I do try and stay off these as well as the river trail after any type of rain.
all that aside I still managed to clock 15 miles of riding on the trails today without going across hospital road.oh yeah...:)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
BTW: who the hell is painting the signs again????
not just the orange signs day-glo but alot of the blue/white markers were spryed day-glo orange along with some trees..come people don't make Frank go medieval on youse. :)

dualfisted

apparently

The road was completely underwater during the heavier rains and shortly after. Which means the coke trail and river trail were completely submerged also, as was the fishing parking lot down lo. Tis the season.... Let's stay off the soupy and low lying trails peeps, spread the gospel!!!! Testify, 501 style!!!

wonderturtle

rode there for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised at the good shape of the trails. the sandy soil is the obvious reason.

I stayed on the orange, white and blue trails and all were (all things considered) relatively dry. obviously, there was some mud spots - but even those could be bypassed for the most part by riding on the edges.

had a great ride. did 21 miles (which is quite long for me).

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
Trail Conditions

Have the conditions changed much since yesterday morning?? Anyone ride Allaire this afternoon?:confused:

Frank

Sasquatch
Trail conditions are probably awesome...they were on sunday. The last post was from the 20th.

B737

Hey guys, was just out on the orange trail today, trail is in great shape. Although i didnt ride any of the bridges, was getting dark, i overheard a few guys talking about them. Im not sure of their condition with the rains.

but otherwise it was a beautiful afternoon out there today.

dualfisted

hahaha

hoping the trails will be nice on new years day. hoping i dont ride through anyones hangover puke.

Such is the beauty of the New Years Eve ride, pre-hangover trail vomit style. With all these good trail conditions being reported, me and my neck crick may venture out tomorrow. Gonna try to get on the 2pm ride someone is listing in the "rides" section.
PS-guys, haven't had a cigarette in 2.5 weeks now, need to see how the lungs work.

dualfisted

thanks man

I never thought I'd say this, but I've smoked for twenty years in varying levels (mostly pack a day). Anyway, didn't mean to derail the thread. Good trail conditions, I think I'll ride tomorrow, New Years Eve style, woo hoo!!!!! See, back on track. MIG, Allaire Trailhead needs that sign!!!!

Frank

Sasquatch
MIG love the sign...can you send me a bigger image?

TJ, I smoked 2 packs a day for over 18 and know how it feels to quit. What you are doing is worth the derailment anyday!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions