The CX 2 Minute Warning

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok folks, here we are. The local cross scene is more or less about to end this weekend with a race in Phillipsburg, where both JDog's sidekick Chris and I went to high school, not at the same time. Unless you're traveling out to Kansas City (hey Chuck!) this about wraps it up and starts the long crawl until spring. Many of us are already there.

With that, and I want to do this with as much levity and seriousness as possible, let me take a moment to tell all the whiners and boasters to stuff it from here on in. We've had 3 people banned in the last week, all based on posts in the Cross forum.

One of the other moderators has cast his vote to scrap it, and I'm trying to hold out in the hopes that we can keep this and make it a viable part of the board. But it's becoming more and more difficult to justify. I ask that you guys collectively lose the testosterone and fall back on the approach that you should assume the person you're talking to is standing in front of you.

Thanks for listening.

Hey Norm, Can you hear that? Wow silence.... It is a shame that some people have to ruin it for others who play nice... Look at it this way.... This thread will be put to sleep until next September anyway....I thank you and the other modeaters for the thread... Kansas city here I come!!!!!! 20 hours of driving:cry:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yo Chuck-E that is one long ass drive.

I want this forum to stay open. So I'm going to use the Garbage Heap and the ban stick liberally.

Seriously, people have been acting like it's a full moon constantly. And it's not just the cross forum. I highly recommend the winter shoes. Just buy 'em, ride right through the winter, and it will be all good.

Hey Norm, speak softly but carry a big stick and beat the cx fools into place:) I need winter shoes... But what I could really use out in Kansas city is Fred's gore-tex rock lobster gloves $$$$$$ son!!!

dhsean

Hey Norm, speak softly but carry a big stick and beat the cx fools into place:) I need winter shoes... But what I could really use out in Kansas city is Fred's gore-tex rock lobster gloves $$$$$$ son!!!

Winter shoes? = sock / plastic bag / wool sock / broken mtb shoes / duct tape. :D

C.Puncher

Who banned?

I don't understand the warning?

Cyclocross is fueled by adrenaline..beer...loud fans and competitors.....testosterone, and estrogen..........not to mention the worst possible riding conditions.........It's stoopid fun!
Why should the postings be any different?

Have I missed something in the forum, that would warrant such a warning?
( I'm not using sarcasm!):confused:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No you're all good Larry.

When someone comes on here and trashes a person by name, then that poster gets the boot. Last week we had people ripping Fred and Roger by name. They weren't joking. There were 3 people banned last week for flaming/trolling.

People can bust balls, that's fine. If it's all in fun, then it's fun. But when it degrades into personal attacks, that's too much. And those posts and posters won't be tolerated.

Hope that makes sense.

sixseven

I used to think that cyclocross was the miniature golf version of mountain biking. I followed this forum and became an armchair cyclocross fan for the season. It is a pretty cool sport and clearly those who are competitive are dedicated and in peak shape for the task. Cheers to all of you that do it every weekend and share your passion with all of the other armchair cross racers on the site!

I will say that the forum did reveal to me that cross is really not at all like miniature golf, but more like a version of driving a car in NJ....complete with speed, ridiculous obstacles both human and man made, and road rage.

It is not for me, but just because a few wussburgers sign in to air their grudges against members who shared their passion with us is not reason enough to drop the forum.

You could just delete the negative posts, ban the offending newcomers and leave it at that. I don't have anything to do with cyclocross but it is growing, and growing with a tremendous amount of enthusiasm, and many of us beyond those who post in that forum like that whether we admit it or not.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
who got banned? I hope not fft -- he'll have nowhere left online to go!

A pair of one-shot wonders and another guy who posted a little but who apparently broke over the weekend.

It is not for me, but just because a few wussburgers sign in to air their grudges against members who shared their passion with us is not reason enough to drop the forum.

I agree, which is why I want to keep it and posted this at all. The hit-and-runners need to be scraped off and removed. At the same time, there's a bit of...how you say...bravado sometimes exhibited by some of the regular board members that draws these guys out. It's not really necessary and only exacerbates the situation.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
i think the cross forum has done way more good than bad, it seems to me that everyone here is still having fun, aside from a few whackos, we shouldnt let 1 whiney person spoil the whole forum....like youve said, theyve been taken care of and now we can all move on and talk about good cross related stuff

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I knew there were a few cross races in the area but didn't realize how many until this forum came about.

Top Bottom