The conditions for the next few days...

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Your camera takes some awesome pics. What model is it?

It's an old Konica KD-400z. I have an SLR, but don't take it out when I'm riding.

konica_kd400z.jpg

It's not the camera ;)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
great shots soundz! I love the one down by the water. It looks like you had a beautiful ride. I sometimes take the mountain bike out too, if the roads are still icy in spots.

Last edited:

Scalpeler

I think he is trying to say its more often the Indian not always the arrow that makes for a successful hunt

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a digital camera from around 1995. Let's see how well you can cook with that.

kush

It's a simple point

It's a bit like

Hey your bike rides fast
Hey your hammer hammers great
Hey your putter puts great.
Hey your pots and pans make a great dinner.

You can give an average person a $20,000 camera and ask to walk around a NYC block and take as many great pics as you can. A good photographer can walk around same block with a $20 Holga (or Norm's equipment from 1882 for all that matters), and results won't be comparable.

Of course better equipment will make a good/great photographer take better images. But it won't make a good photographer out of an average joe.

I was not trying to be funny. It was the other thing.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great shots Jimmy.

I believe he's saying he used Photoshop on these images.

The pano's were stitched together and everything was white-balanced and sharpened, but they don't look too much different from right out of the camera (except for the next to last pano, which I did selective brightening to bring out the shadows). The sun was just coming up, so the lighting was fantastic. I use the on-camera flash more during the day time than night.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice pix, Jimmy!

You're really digging the new ride aren't you? ;)

I was spinning out quite a bit :drooling: I just concentrated today on high cadence pedaling and tried to hit as many climbs as possible.

I love it on the trails though!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OMFG, never, I mean never admit you use PS. You're sunk kid. Sunk!!!

And kush, come on. You can't tell me with a straight face that your iPhone Facebook pics and your highest quality race pics are in the same league.

Engignar

OMFG, never, I mean never admit you use PS. You're sunk kid. Sunk!!!

And kush, come on. You can't tell me with a straight face that your iPhone Facebook pics and your highest quality race pics are in the same league.

No, but he might be able to take better photos with the i phone than some mo can with an slr. Of course a better camera will take better photos, but you need to know how to use the camera and frame the photo.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Of course a better camera will take better photos, but you need to know how to use the camera and frame the photo.

Absolutely. But better equipment also inspires better picture taking. The photographer is not an emotionless robot that does not interact with the things in the world around him. The more you enjoy the item you're working with, the better your results are going to be.

The world class chef uses top of the line products in his kitchen for a reason. Stick him behind the counter at McDonalds and you might get a slightly better Big Mac, but in the end, it's still a Big Mac.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I consider post-processing to be a big part of photography. Even back in the days of film (film is not dead yet!) photographers spend time in the darkroom to get the result they want in the photo. Most of what is done in photoshop can be done in the darkroom (in terms of straight up photography). Photoshop just makes things 100 times easier.

iPhone photos (yes, it looks like most of them have gone through PS processing):

http://iphonephoto.us/

Top Bottom