the bridge found

alex_k

I hiked 6 Mile a bit today checking out flood damage. I wanted to take measure for the missing bridge replacement but I found the bridge about 50 feet away from its original place.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 240

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So why not get a steel cable and chain it to a tree so that next time it just floats harmlessly and drops close enough to the trail.

Counter: And then, after the rains, someone comes along, trips on the cable, and sues the park.

Maybe a bright pink cable?

alex_k

there is no good tree close enough so I think about hammering in 2 pipes and attach the bridge with steel cables. Probably we can cut the bridge that makes it lighter... less load on pipes... it is too long anyway

THATmanMANNY

ohhhhhhhh that bridge.... I had a hard time trying to figure out which one based on descriptions.

FYI at about 2am sat. night the portion of the road where the trail crossing at south middle bush is, was closed off due to flooding. I drove it anyways since I drive a manly heavy pick up to check it out and because I hate detours but the flooding was gone. But I heard from my bro during the evening the water was flooding over the road and two cars who didn't take the road closed barricade advice got stuck. Sucks for them.

BTW don't drive through water no matter how high or heavy you think your car is. TAKE THE ROAD CLOSED BARRICADE TO HEART. Rushing water a few inches high can take your car away.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
You can than all the new construction up stream for this one.

Each year they build more houses and the water has less places to drain into. More pavement and more homes = more flooding.

As for that bridge Alex.. All you need to do is anchor it on one side with a buried cable and anchor of some type.

Scar

I'm just trying to find the bridge...

Has anyone seen the bridge...

WHERE'S THAT CONFOUNDED BRIDGE!

jdog

Shop Keep
We put it back tonight. (bridge)

Very weird night.

I saw a man in the woods w/o pants.

Very strange.

jdog

Shop Keep
that sounds strange yet hilarious.

So there I was riding in the dark.. No big thing..

I thought I heard a deer or something big thrashing about in the cedars.

I slowed down and look around the corner.. what do I see??

A man with nothing on below the waist. All I see is his full bare ass and i say'..

"you have to be fkin Kidding me"??.

He Says " I am peeing, mind turining off the light??'' I say "peeing with no pants???"

I was so baffled by this.. wtf??

Fred and Larry catch up to me and we all sorta laugh and keep riding.

The end.

Totally weird.

ArmyOfNone

A man with nothing on below the waist. All I see is his full bare ass and i say'..

He Says " I am peeing, mind turining off the light??'' I say "peeing with no pants???"

The end.

Totally weird.

Well thats not really the end, but we wont get into what we concluded at casa. :hmmm:

kush

The end.

Totally weird.

Was he wearing a helmet :confused:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions