The Best Stem I Ever Had Was...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
For Metal Road Bikes or Mountain Bikes:
Thomson (website is currently under construction) Stems, hands down, end of story.

X4 for MTB
thomson_x4_black_stem.jpg

X2 for Road: Note I think these stems have no place on carbon road bikes
SM3338.jpg

Beautiful machining, wide ride range of size, can order replacement or upgraded bolts, including stainless bolts, timeless design, Made in the USA.

For Carbon Road Bikes or the right mtb:
Ritchey stems, any of the WCS line, the aluminum versions. Beautiful, stiff, light.
wcs-c220-stem-wet-black.jpg

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
kevin when you gave me that ritchey stem i didnt know it was a torx bolt and used a 3mm and stripped the shit out of most of the bolts. its still on my cross bike doe

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
kevin when you gave me that ritchey stem i didnt know it was a torx bolt and used a 3mm and stripped the shit out of most of the bolts. its still on my cross bike doe
Can't say I am a fan of the Torx, for some reason the one I just bought has hex.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Obviously today's standard in seat post is Thomson post but it didn't beat my 1995 syncros ti post.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
I like your taste in stems.

I'm thinking I would like to replace my generic specialized stem with a Ritchey on the CX bike. I think the X.4 may be too chunky and the X.2 may be slightly too phallic for the tube size on the Wraith. I also would sleep better at night with 4 bolts.

Thomson posts on everything forever.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've never once noticed one stem out performing another. If you put a bag over it, you couldn't tell the difference between a OEM bontrager and a Thomson.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I've never once noticed one stem out performing another. If you put a bag over it, you couldn't tell the difference between a OEM bontrager and a Thomson.
did i miss something or are you giving your baller status captain patch back to lou?

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Honestly, I was thinking the same thing too, which is why I even clicked on this thread. I was wondering to myself - how can someone have a favorite stem?
Now, if we are talking purely for looks, that I can understand.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
trip had a really cool stem setup on his mary at one point, -25 stem with +25 riser on it

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
did i miss something or are you giving your baller status captain patch back to lou?

I try to be more of a practical baller....

For example, I wouldn't buy the blue ano hubs...cause when I try to sell them in a year, blacks will be easier to unload.

Back on topic though, if I was building a bike from scratch, Id get a thomson, or hope, but I wouldn't upgrade to one for no reason.

Top Bottom