The Beast Has Life!!!!!!

Madness

I just got her back from my boy who built her for me. I can't wait to start beating her like Ike beat Tina.......:getsome:
The final rundown goes like this:

07 Trek Fuel EX8 Project One Frame
Fox Talas RLC
Bontrager Race Lite Wheelset
Shimano XT Crankset
Shimano XT FD
Sram X.0 Rear
Sram X.0 Shifter
Sram PG-980 Cassette
Sram PC-991 Chain
FSA K-Force Carbon Riser Bar
FSA OS-115 Stem
Thomson Elite Seatpost
ODI lock on Grips
Avid Speed Dial SL Levers
Avid BB-7 Disc (185mm front, 160mm rear) (Didn't want Hydros)

This is pretty much my dream build for the exception of the wheelset which I will upgrade at a later time. But you can't go wrong when somebody gives them to you for free.(Thanks John D.)

I will post some pics tomorrow when I get some daylite, cause she will not be this clean again so I better take them now......

See you in the Dirt

Madness

I am thinking around 5:30 ish to be in the lot. I am trying to get the break pads broken in before I get there. I am not going to go on a hammering ride cause it's going to take me a couple days to get used to it, but I def want to get some dirt time on her today.

Madness

Here she is................:drooling:

Picture033.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture038.jpg

rayder

she's beautiful

I met you once at 6 mile my one time down there. congratulations now go beat the hell out of it.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Sweet Ride

Mad,

That is one sweet ride. I've been looking at the frame so long in on your posts I feel like I know the bike.:D Congrats and have fun on it. i think your faster already!

Tim

walter

Fourth Party
Please tell us you enjoyed the maiden voyage. Please dont tell us you smashed it into a parking deck going to 6m.:D

Madness

The maden voyage at 6MR was great. She ripped it like condom wrapper on prom night. Got some dirt on her and smacked her around some singletrack. Climbs like a goat with it's ass on fire, and decends like nobody's business. Since coming off a hardtail on to fully I thought I was going to have to get used to the switch but the transition was nowhere near like I expected. I do have to learn to let the bike do the work and not my body like I used to. But it's so much easier when I don't have to worry about picking the smoothest line on the trail and just barrel through whatever is in front of me. Felt like I was on a lazyboy the whole ride.

Good to catch up with you Dan and the other new faces we met tonight. We all have to get an set after work ride day picked out so that we know on that partictular day everybody is coming out even with out a post.

I'm like a kid on christmas I will be in the trails everyday for the rest of the week and all weekend long, so I am bound to run into some of you guys before monday.

Last edited:

jimmysnukastyle

The maden voyage at 6MR was great. She ripped it like condom wrapped on prom night. Got some dirt on her and smacked her around some singletrack. Climbs like a goat with it's ass on fire, and decends like nobody's business. Since coming off a hardtail on to fully I thought I was going to have to get used to the switch but the transition was nowhere near like I expected. I do have to learn to let the bike do the work and not my body like I used to. But it's so much easier when I don't have to worry about picking the smoothest line on the trail and just barrel through whatever is in front of me. Felt like I was on a lazyboy the whole ride.

Good to catch up with you Dan and the other new faces we met tonight. We all have to get an set after work ride day picked out so that we know on that partictular day everybody is coming out even with out a post.

I like a kid on christmas I will be in the trails everyday for the rest of the week and all weekend long, so I am bound to run into some of you guys before monday.

word. great opener for Madness and his beast! I had a blast as well. Always great to meet new people too.

Agree - could be nice to possibly pick a day that's best for all in general - maybe get some weekly group rides regularly going. I do Chimney Rock every Tuesday I can - lots of action up there on Tuesdays.

Dan

The Kalmyk

Yup, Saw em at Six Mile today... Which by the way needs some reroutes and chainsaw some of those flowbusters... I couldn't even count the amount of downed trees I saw today

Top Bottom