The Attack of the Flies

Not So Fast

I was at Ringwood today about 10 parking lot C where I was attacked by a swarm of black flies. They were all over the place. They snacked on my legs. They flew in to my ears and nostrils. What was really bad is I stayed the parking lot to change my tire. I reminded me of Joba during the ALCS. Once I starting rolling it was fine. And when i got back to the lot about 12:30the flies were gone. Gonna have to get the DEET.

TonyC

I was at Ringwood today about 10 parking lot C where I was attacked by a swarm of black flies. They were all over the place. They snacked on my legs. They flew in to my ears and nostrils. What was really bad is I stayed the parking lot to change my tire. I reminded me of Joba during the ALCS. Once I starting rolling it was fine. And when i got back to the lot about 12:30the flies were gone. Gonna have to get the DEET.

I rode Ringwood this morning. 8am-10:30ish. The flies (gnats) were in full force when ever you stopped to catch a breath at the top of long climbs. Once moving no problems.
We rode both new and old race tracks prob. 12miles in total. The conditions were perfect. What a great morning.
Now what's for lunch?

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
We rode Jungle Habitat today from 10-1:30ish.
The constant mist left just enough damp to give roots and rocks that extra slip action under the tires. Great day, great temps.

We did find your bugs too. Particularly on the climbs, when we were sucking up the pain, we were sucking up the flies too. They say extra protein is good on a long ride, but the wiggle from the little buggers stuck on the back of the throat... I can do without.

And for everyone who worked on those trails yesterday, the place looks great!
You guys(and gals) ROCK!!!

Last edited:

JeffSpicoli

Did Ringwood over the weekend....the flies are f'ing Annoying as hell!!....Had a good ride but would of been great w/o the flies!:getsome:

Ibis97

Happy Now?
I rode there recently and same problem. gnats were insane. no problems once riding, until my chain broke! OMG I got destroyed while I fixed it. it was brutal.

Sircrashalot

Had some unexpected flying snacks at 6mr yesterday also....must be that time....they are especially tasty when they get stuck to the back of your throat for a few minutes, then get coughed back up to be chewed......YUMMY:drooling:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions