The Amusement Bike Park

RobW

Appreciate the offer, but just decided to buy my own so I don't have to rely on the kindness and generosity of others. Planning to knock it out tomorrow night and ride it on Saturday. Hoping I don't fuck it up.
maybe ill see you out there Saturday morning. planning on a morning rip both weekend days, sunday being a longer more mileage day lesser intensity day...

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I want....
Capture1.JPG

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Are those actual pickups? I just googled and couldn't find them. That's an interesting idea.

old computer stuff that looks very similar.
that is how printers used to be hooked to home computers.

TimBay

old computer stuff that looks very similar.
that is how printers used to be hooked to home computers.
I have to imagine pickup makers have tried some form of QR pickups. I also think that would be pretty cool. Randall amps actually had (possibly still do) amps with swap-able channels. you could buy different boxes with the nobs and components and just put them into the slots of the amp face. I wanted one when I was a teenager and didn't know about stuff.

TimBay

Also, @Paul H I noticed you listed the weight of the Talon, but not the expensive carbon bike you bought for it's light weightedness...? I wonder how much my ToEG weighs? Bring your scale when I come up in June. Needs me some Carbon Bars/Stem from the OOS Spreadsheet.

Speaking of bars, should I cut down my 780s to make them 760? I saw someone post once that they said it made the handling easier.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Also, @Paul H I noticed you listed the weight of the Talon, but not the expensive carbon bike you bought for it's light weightedness...? I wonder how much my ToEG weighs? Bring your scale when I come up in June. Needs me some Carbon Bars/Stem from the OOS Spreadsheet.

Speaking of bars, should I cut down my 780s to make them 760? I saw someone post once that they said it made the handling easier.
If you go far enough... you will see the weight for the RDO
I think it was something like 24lbs and 4oz or something. Few oz heavier than the Talon. If I trim down the cables on the RDO... it can be the same weight as the Talon lol
Why cut down the bar?
FYR, my Hightower is 780

TimBay

If you go far enough... you will see the weight for the RDO
I think it was something like 24lbs and 4oz or something. Few oz heavier than the Talon. If I trim down the cables on the RDO... it can be the same weight as the Talon lol
Why cut down the bar?
FYR, my Hightower is 780
I dunno. Everything's new to me as a noob. So I'm constantly like, "I wonder if that would be better?" It's not that I don't like them, just wondering, if I went 760 would I love it? How could I know? I have a lot of curiosity about this stuff because I have no idea. I actually need to play with my fork more. I have no idea. Compared to the coil suntour, it's a dream...but do I really have it set right? What does "right" feel like? Note: I really don't think about this stuff while riding. It's only when I'm not riding and looking at random shit that I wonder what might improve the ride.

Mathers

I dunno. Everything's new to me as a noob. So I'm constantly like, "I wonder if that would be better?" It's not that I don't like them, just wondering, if I went 760 would I love it? How could I know? I have a lot of curiosity about this stuff because I have no idea. I actually need to play with my fork more. I have no idea. Compared to the coil suntour, it's a dream...but do I really have it set right? What does "right" feel like? Note: I really don't think about this stuff while riding. It's only when I'm not riding and looking at random shit that I wonder what might improve the ride.
I was and am in the same boat. I always wonder what I might be missing or if shit is setup right.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
With bar length... I think you have to find a good medium
Wide... you are going to feel stable when going fast. DH bikes generally have wide bars
Narrow... turning will feel tight and fast. XC bikes generally have narrower bars
Fork... set it to 20% sag and just take it from there. If it feels too firm... let out some air. Too soft... more air. I think its more preference at our level.

TimBay

With bar length... I think you have to find a good medium
Wide... you are going to feel stable when going fast. DH bikes generally have wide bars
Narrow... turning will feel tight and fast. XC bikes generally have narrower bars
Fork... set it to 20% sag and just take it from there. If it feels too firm... let out some air. Too soft... more air. I think its more preference at our level.
Yeah. I was thinking, since I'll have the grips and stuff off when doing the conversion tomorrow, it couldn't hurt to take a little off the bars and see how it feels. I haven't maxed out my fork, so I was also thinking of taking out a little air and seeing if I noticed any difference. I have the rebound in the middle and might start just doing a click in either direction while riding and trying to notice some of the differences. I'm typically more focused on trying to keep myself loose and take good lines that I don't really think of that stuff much while I'm out.

Wow, I'm just thinking how different riding has become for me since I started in October. Riding loose just feels so amazing. I still really need to work on turning. It's just still not comfortable at speed. Think I need to pick up that beefy front tire if for nothing else but a confidence booster.

Top Bottom