The Amusement Bike Park

About fucking time!!!!!
giphy-6.gif

First ride in the books. This thing rocks. I took it pretty easy as I didn't sleep well last night due to the sensation of being a kid on Christmas eve. I love this bike.

One of the most important factors for me in my search for a bike was climbing. This thing can climb! I totally prepared myself for pedal Bob and sluggishness compared to my hardtail, but it was basically unnoticeable. I was definitely in lower gears, but thats also due to the 32t vs 30t on the TOEG. I've got to get some time in to get a better feel for the gearing, but I'm impressed out the gate.

Rolling through all the roots felt like I was floating on air. This is why I wanted a FS and it's really magical. The steering felt really good. It's only my second bike, so I don't have a lot to compare to, but I thought it felt good and nimble.

I definitely took it easy, but descending was sick! It just felt so stable and fun and I won't miss the bucking around on a hardtail at all. Huge thanks to @jdog for clueing me in, all the advice, and especially for staying late yesterday so I could race down there and get this sweet ride. You really hooked it up.

Gator approves!
20200722_090351.jpg

20200722_094054_001.jpg

Last edited:
Recently got a new to me Rockymounts Brass Knuckle roof rack. Ordered lock cores and had an issue where the key was sticking (had to wiggle with vice grips to get it out). Called them up and they advised it was likely the trigger. Had me take a couple picks and email them my info. Got an email back 30 minutes later that they're shipping it out either today or tomorrow morning. Gotta love great customer service like that.

Back
Top Bottom