The Amusement Bike Park

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Haha. Love it. Ok, I'm just gonna go back to focusing onthe most important part of the bike...myself. All those fancy demos gave me the new bike fever.

You need to slip him some Swedish Fish so you’ll get first crack at his baller end of season take-offs. :)

mtbiker87

by a capable lesser bike and swap out the parts that you like and hold onto them, soon you'll have enough parts to make a bike minus the frame. Then you buy the frame you want and move over the parts you like. I'm moving over my drive train to my new bike once I have a fork and as things wear I'll upgrade/replace and get the ragley running again.
Unless you get tired of the Ragley hanging about and sell it to me....lol. I follow your line of thinking here, and mostly do the same. Problem is, the industry is trying to stop this by constantly changing standards, and coming up with all this proprietary bullshit, that makes doing this harder and harder. If Jim V specializes in selling peasant bikes, then someone tell me what's below that, cause that's me ! I've ridden these new bikes, borrowed, demoed, I've read all about the new tech, watched the videos, it's all awesome right ? But at the end of the day, and dispute this all you want, my 2012 Chilcotin, with 26" wheels, gets the job done just as well, and keeps me out on the trails and smiling. I dont think anything I could buy within the money I have to spend right now would be an upgrade.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Unless you get tired of the Ragley hanging about and sell it to me....lol. I follow your line of thinking here, and mostly do the same. Problem is, the industry is trying to stop this by constantly changing standards, and coming up with all this proprietary bullshit, that makes doing this harder and harder. If Jim V specializes in selling peasant bikes, then someone tell me what's below that, cause that's me ! I've ridden these new bikes, borrowed, demoed, I've read all about the new tech, watched the videos, it's all awesome right ? But at the end of the day, and dispute this all you want, my 2012 Chilcotin, with 26" wheels, gets the job done just as well, and keeps me out on the trails and smiling. I dont think anything I could buy within the money I have to spend right now would be an upgrade.

I'm most likey going to give it away to a buddy when he doesn't pay me back lol

Tim

aka sptimmy43
...I follow your line of thinking here, and mostly do the same. Problem is, the industry is trying to stop this by constantly changing standards, and coming up with all this proprietary bullshit, that makes doing this harder and harder.

Bingo. I actually could do this except for one problem...wheels. I bought a 27.5 and the industry has seemingly went all in on 29ers.

Since this will keep things on point I would really love to build up one of these...

MY20TranceADPRO29FF_ColorA.jpg

Last edited:

Mathers

Whatd you get?
StumpJumper , I bought from Hilltop in Summit where he works so it wasn’t exactly him. But I had no idea what I wanted when I went in there. I was looking for the new trends like boost wheels , dropper and a trail bike.

TimBay

StumpJumper , I bought from Hilltop in Summit where he works so it wasn’t exactly him. But I had no idea what I wanted when I went in there. I was looking for the new trends like boost wheels , dropper and a trail bike.
You dig it? Seems like a real solid all arounder.

mtbiker87

You should buy qclabrat 's 429sl. Adding a good fork would bring you to 2,000, decent wheelset close to your mark, swap the incidentals, like cockpit stuff to the Piviot untill you can afford "better " stuff. But If you haven't broken your factory branded stuff yet, dont think you will now. Plus, you can pick up really good, used, "brand" stuff, for "pennies on the dollar",if you look hard enough. In fact, my guess is you could make a soild build for that for $2,500 if you worked all the classified sites. You'd have a much higher end bike in end, for within, or even under your budget.

Mathers

No love? I want a bike I can love like my Talon. Lol
Ha I am just lazy and lack conversation skills.
I do love it. The only negative I could see is the BB height. I would get a lot of pedal strikes in the rocky stuff but i have become a better rider and don't have that problem as much.

Top Bottom