The Amusement Bike Park

Yeah but damn. If I go ht, I'll seriously consider NJs own Van Dessel. A bit pricey, but not as high as the reeb
Reeb offers a full squish option. I did not know that Van Dessel is hand made. I will have to check it out as I’m casually shopping for a new FS.

Reeb offers a full squish option. I did not know that Van Dessel is hand made. I will have to check it out as I’m casually shopping for a new FS.
Van Tassel only has ht. I'm not even sure if they actually build the frames here or just design and build them up from raw here

No internet/bike sucks. But the view is pretty great. Lake Ontario right out the back door.

20190721_085126_HDR.jpg

I am a big Vonnegut fan myself ever since reading him in college. I need to pick up some more books by him read most his major works I think
Remind me if we ride together. This one is a loaner but I have cats cradle, one with a bomb on the cover (I forget the name) and a short story collection the title of which I also can't remember. You can borrow them for a long while.

Hmmm, the 2020 trance advanced pro 29 uses their composite frames at $3350 price point. Interesting.

Reactions: Tim
If I didn't thank you somewhere above to reminding me about Giant...thanks.
Not trying to get acknowledgement and I'm prolly reading too much into it but you seemed surprised by the Trance... eh....

On paper it looks good but definitely demo it when you get a chance. And demo a lot of bikes!

Not trying to get acknowledgement and I'm prolly reading too much into it but you seemed surprised by the Trance... eh....

On paper it looks good but definitely demo it when you get a chance. And demo a lot of bikes!
I'm surprised at the price point of the 2020. It uses their carbon composite frame, which is also interesting. But it also uses SX drivetrain... The trance quickly shot toward the top of my list per your reminder. Lots of time for pedaling and demoing between now and when I buy a bike, so who knows.

I'm surprised at the price point of the 2020. It uses their carbon composite frame, which is also interesting. But it also uses SX drivetrain... The trance quickly shot toward the top of my list per your reminder. Lots of time for pedaling and demoing between now and when I buy a bike, so who knows.
SX supposedly a boat anchor. What fork and shock at that price?

Generally speaking... at similar prices, Giant bikes will have carbon wheels on top.

SX supposedly a boat anchor. What fork and shock at that price?

Generally speaking... at similar prices, Giant bikes will have carbon wheels on top.
Pretty sure it's aluminum wheels. They have the new marzocchi z2 with grip damper and dps shock. Seems pretty cool. Mt400 brakes though. I dunno. Seems like they wanted people on their composite frame and just threw on cheaper components to make a price point. The older trance 29 looks a bit better components-wise actually.

Pretty sure it's aluminum wheels. They have the new marzocchi z2 with grip damper and dps shock. Seems pretty cool. Mt400 brakes though. I dunno. Seems like they wanted people on their composite frame and just threw on cheaper components to make a price point. The older trance 29 looks a bit better components-wise actually.
No experience with Marzocchi forks.... so I cant say.
Will have to wait and see what trim levels they will come up with for 2020

Looking at their 2019 line up.... Trance Pro 2 has carbon wheels but not liking the Rhythm fork and the NX drivetrain but I am sure they will discount the F out of the 2019 models very soon.

No experience with Marzocchi forks.... so I cant say.
Will have to wait and see what trim levels they will come up with for 2020

Looking at their 2019 line up.... Trance Pro 2 has carbon wheels but not liking the Rhythm fork and the NX drivetrain but I am sure they will discount the F out of the 2019 models very soon.
I think its basically the 34 rhythm, but a budget version. Even uses their grip damper.
Can be bought for $500 .

I think its basically the 34 rhythm, but a budget version. Even uses their grip damper.
Can be bought for $500 .
Yes, Fox bought them and they seem to position them as a budget entry Fox fork so should be pretty good. I have loved my Fox forks although haven't' ridden anything else recently to compare them to.

Bike is in the shop for a broken spoke repair. While there, the guylet me know (while refusing to provide details) that they're really making changes to the 2020 mtb lineup. All he would tell me was longer travel... We'll see.

Bike is in the shop for a broken spoke repair. While there, the guylet me know (while refusing to provide details) that they're really making changes to the 2020 mtb lineup. All he would tell me was longer travel... We'll see.
For Giants?

For Giants?
Oh, forgot to specify that it was the Trek store. They're the closest LBS and I like the people there, so I brought my bike there to be fixed since it was just a wheel issue. The guy, who wasn't the owner or anything, seemed excited with what he knew about the upcoming lineup. We shall see if it's actually cool. My guess is that they put something out similar to the new Trance Advanced Pro 29 where they use a new composite frame material with some budget components at a similar price point. We'll see though.

Back
Top Bottom