The Amusement Bike Park

BPaze

I fucking hate chiggers. That is all.
I got a few spots as well but not too bad, I guess the permethrin helped but should have reapplied because I was well past 6 weeks. It’s mostly a small area on my left leg just above the ankle

TimBay

Blogblogblogblog

First ride in the books after like a month off. Had to race the moon and cut it a bit short but felt good. Been doing some off-bike training at home. Down from 230 to 215 and the lighter weight was noticeable pushing up the climbs. Need to get my lights game sorted and do some more dawn patrol and pick the riding back up. Hoping to see some PRs soon.

TimBay

What if blog was one of us. Just a cod like...:

Welp, the ex got the covid, so I'm quarantining with the kids for who knows how long. Not sure if we caught it yet. Feel kinda off, but we'll see. Probably gonna schedule a test on Monday.

In brighter news, I'm no longer in the "my bike is worth more than my car club." Picked up a 2018 Ford Escape. Not the coolest looking car, but I got the loaded version with all the bells and whistles and the 245hp engine, which is quite peppy, which I like. Also has the factory hitch, so now I'm in the market for a hitch rack.

Will be posting my roof rack and crossbars in the fs section soon.

Stay safe, mutants.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog

Welp, the ex got the covid, so I'm quarantining with the kids for who knows how long. Not sure if we caught it yet. Feel kinda off, but we'll see. Probably gonna schedule a test on Monday.

In brighter news, I'm no longer in the "my bike is worth more than my car club." Picked up a 2018 Ford Escape. Not the coolest looking car, but I got the loaded version with all the bells and whistles and the 245hp engine, which is quite peppy, which I like. Also has the factory hitch, so now I'm in the market for a hitch rack.

Stay safe, mutants.
That engine moves it nicely and still good on gas. Plus it’s fun to drive and comfortable(comfort matters more as I get older). Congrats. Nice choice.

JDurk

Stay safe, mutants.
Definitely get tested. I had it the last 2wks. Felt like allergies or a cold on Sun, 12/6, so a little off with a runny nose. No fever when checking every day at work. By Wed, smell and taste were gone, still felt fine. Got tested on Fri and got positive notice on Sat. Been home since, had 2 days of lousy feeling, smell and taste came back 2 days ago. Be safe.

TimBay

Definitely get tested. I had it the last 2wks. Felt like allergies or a cold on Sun, 12/6, so a little off with a runny nose. No fever when checking every day at work. By Wed, smell and taste were gone, still felt fine. Got tested on Fri and got positive notice on Sat. Been home since, had 2 days of lousy feeling, smell and taste came back 2 days ago. Be safe.
Tried but there were computer issues so I need to reschedule. Still zero symptoms. I took the kids as soon as we found out, so I'm hoping we are in the clear. We shall see tho

TimBay

That engine moves it nicely and still good on gas. Plus it’s fun to drive and comfortable(comfort matters more as I get older). Congrats. Nice choice.
Yeah. It had more features and comfort than any other cars I was looking at in my price range and a fun snappy engine to boot. I was sold 30 seconds into the test drive.

TimBay

Blog:

Stupid pedal strikeing roots gan go F themselves. Still had a blast and love riding my bike, but fuck that hurt. I need to figure out how to dawn patrol, but I am not a morning person. Early morning could get me out more...I just really hate waking up. Do you guys think butterflies are as cool as I do? Like, they're a caterpillar then theyr a butterfly and while they're pretty, that cool looking pattern is actually saying to predators "back the fuck up, bitch I'll mess you up". (That last part was just to confuse and anger Leo, if he sees it).

Over and out.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

I knew it!

1610568634162.png

make sure you are riding with your heels down.
it is way worse when the toe gets involved (remember my pics to prove it :D)

TimBay

I knew it!

View attachment 148571

make sure you are riding with your heels down.
it is way worse when the toe gets involved (remember my pics to prove it :D)
Haha. Yeah, I've done that going uphill which isn't too bad. Had the heels in a good spot. Was coming around a mild turn at speed and just slammed the pedal and went flying. Nothing too bad, but it didn't feel good. Got a good welt on my elbow, scraped my knee and my ribs don't feel great. Nothing that'll really keep me off the bike tho. Just need to keep a better eye.

serviceguy

Blog:

Stupid pedal strikeing roots gan go F themselves. Still had a blast and love riding my bike, but fuck that hurt. I need to figure out how to dawn patrol, but I am not a morning person. Early morning could get me out more...I just really hate waking up. Do you guys think butterflies are as cool as I do? Like, they're a caterpillar then theyr a butterfly and while they're pretty, that cool looking pattern is actually saying to predators "back the fuck up, bitch I'll mess you up". (That last part was just to confuse and anger Leo, if he sees it).

Over and out.
Definitely confused but not angered. If anything confused at why I should be angered...does that make sense? I dig butterflies though, their earlier stages not as much as their later ones...I'm also not fond of moths, even though some are really, really cool (not the gipsy moth though, especially when they were breeding on my garage siding). And why are they not butterfly anyway?

21305642_f1d06f0271.jpg

TimBay

Pedros. I think the rim is fine. The first side was hard but got it. Second side I'm having a really hard time getting the tire past the cushcore into the well. Even took the bead out and started a second time. Jim v noticed my back rim was a bit dented up so I figured I'd get these things. PITA

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have the tannis inserts(instead of cushcore), they arent bad to get on, iv done it 3 times with new tires and not broken any levers yet . . .

TimBay

i have the tannis inserts(instead of cushcore), they arent bad to get on, iv done it 3 times with new tires and not broken any levers yet . . .
I wanted to get the Huck Norris but they're hard to find in stock. Their website says to "contact sales". Finally got a reply, which was just a link to a different site. Smh. I'm sure I'll just have to work the tire into the well better before getting to the end game.

TimBay

Damn, I haven't posted here in a while. Well, typical riding, not riding, riding some more. Signed up for that martys race. Landlord is selling my place so I'm moving the day before and gonna have to bail on the race.

In brighter news, today was my last day at my company of 6 years. Turns out "a rising tide lifts all ships" also works when the rising tide is a lack of willing labor at the bottom, not just tax breaks for millionaires. I accepted a new role at a new company a couple weeks ago for a 40% salary bump. If you don't like your job and/or are worth more than you're being paid there is no better time than now to start looking. LinkedIn premium is worth the money. I'm one step closer to disdain for the working class, haha.

Been great riding with the OOZE more these past 6 months. What a fun group of pals. Theres still a chance I end up north someday due to my extreme love of rocks. I love harts and allaire too, but there's nothing like rock gardens and sketchy rolls down big ass boulders to get me grinning from ear to ear. When the weather starts getting shitty, I'll organize a ride here in the south and we can have beers at my new spot, which is still minutes from the trail.

Top Bottom