stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
1A820B4F-81A4-440F-B9AD-3CF0B0A07061.jpeg

So really, what is this bike for?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
at least the downtube is behind the chainring for the washed out sections.

Reactions: rlb

RobW

For a gravel bike, this seems silly because all you need to do is just throw some drop bars on a hardtail. This is just a bit Agro RN but shows where the trend is headed.

I ultimately think they should stick to FS bikes. Or atleast drop a party HT first before jumping into gravel.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Nah... Niner beat them to the shark ramp...

View attachment 107189
At least the Evil one kinda looks cool. But wow, niner....can't imagine why people don't buy them anymore.

At somepoint, the draw of gravel was riding bikes that were made for the road, or CX on these less improved surfaces. Now, you have people riding 650b 40mm-50mm tires on fire roads. I thought the fat bike thing was silly, but this gravel category is making the fat bike people seem normal.

Last edited:

JerseyPete

A foolish question, other than tire clearance and slight geometry, what prohibits people from putting wider tires on a road bike and using it for gravel?

The Kalmyk

I still don't understand the draw of riding on gravel.

I was thinking about your original inquiry (forgot where you posted it) while riding gravel last week. Concluded that the question wasn’t worth answering because it would best answered if you came out to an event and see for yourself.

Exactly why I decided to do Hippo Cross. Because I’ve questioned CX for a long time without experiencing it personally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom