This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

SpartaBard

Y
Last few days nationally cases and deaths dropped significantly. Let's see if it continues a few more days.

And watch Georgia, they started to reopen before anyone else - 11 days and counting and new cases/deaths still dropping. Another week will give a better read

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

Yeah, but if you remove the NYC metro area numbers, the national data shows cases rising. NY was hit so hard early on that it dominated the national picture. Fortunately for us those numbers are now decreasing. Unfortunately, they are rising for the rest of the country. We are now over 80,000 deaths nationally. That is a tragedy.

rick81721

Lothar
Yeah, but if you remove the NYC metro area numbers, the national data shows cases rising. NY was hit so hard early on that it dominated the national picture. Fortunately for us those numbers are now decreasing. Unfortunately, they are rising for the rest of the country. We are now over 80,000 deaths nationally. That is a tragedy.

Not true. Last 12 days, both total US new cases/day and ex NY + NJ new cases/day are trending down.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Y

there have been "hot spots" - which seem to drive the numbers.
Here is the national data with NY+NJ removed for the last bunch of weeks.

1589403212133.png
It looks like a downward trend for new cases per day has started - we are still adding more cases than resolving.

Right now IL is one of the big drivers - pushing 20% of the total over the last few days.

1589403338032.png

more data on my spreadsheet if you like that stuff. source Worldometers.info

rick81721

Lothar

View attachment 128627
It looks like a downward trend for new cases per day has started - we are still adding more cases than resolving.

Right now IL is one of the big drivers - pushing 20% of the total over the last few days.

View attachment 128628

IL was a one day anomaly where they got back results of almost 40K tests. May 13 the got back 17K tests with 1670 positive.

SpartaBard

View attachment 128627

View attachment 128628

Can you do daily deaths too.

Patrick

Staff member
IL was a one day anomaly where they got back results of almost 40K tests. May 13 the got back 17K tests with 1670 positive.

yup - messed up the math - they are 10-15% of the total for the last couple weeks.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
So Wisconsin's stay at home order was ruled unconstitutional. Their bars and restaurants were immediately packed like it was decided Covid is gone. Without a vaccine this will just move around the country.

This was last night.

nicks-bar-web-860x475.jpg

Patrick

Staff member
Can you do daily deaths too.

Daily deaths by state is now a tab -
I'm looking at this pattern and assuming my programming is wrong.
It isn't. so there is some reporting bias by day-of-week.

I still haven't figured out how to make the drop-down user selectable.

Not NY/NJ -

1589455802523.png

rick81721

Lothar
So Wisconsin's stay at home order was ruled unconstitutional. Their bars and restaurants were immediately packed like it was decided Covid is gone. Without a vaccine this will just move around the country.

This was last night.

View attachment 128664

Over reaction. This was mostly northern WI. Ever been there? Very sparsely populated. Two counties have zero cases of covid. In any event, local towns are enacting their own closures in all the areas with significant cases.

Top Bottom