This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
While I don't give a shit if people get the vaccine or not, not having the time is a BS excuse.

Being poor without transportation I'll accept. No time for the vaccine is idiotic. It takes more time to buy a Starbucks coffee.
Oh, I know. She WFH and spends most of her free time going to Yoga classes.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Is he dead?
No, he funny. Herman Cain is the Tea party guy who died from C19 after the tRUMP rally.

My understanding of mask mandates and "lockdowns" was that they were to prevent the collapse of our health care system and an unnecessary loss of life.

My point is that while Bill Maher may indeed have Covid after being vaccinated, he is and will be fine. There is no reason to keep wearing masks once someone is fully vaccinated.

I think some people have turned this situation into something where we can't ease up on restrictions or masks until literally no one gets sick ever again. Getting sick was, is, and will be a part of life. Some people may choose to keep wearing masks and live in a bubble, so to speak, but it should be a choice at this point. Now that the vaccine is readily available for anyone who wants it, I am done with big brother telling me what I can and can't do.

sundaydoug

People still have to wear them.

Speaking of masks, just got back from Publix - more than 90% still wearing masks. Foolish lemmings! :p

Taking the role of devil's advocate for a second, just because the CDC has new recommendations doesn't mean that privately-owned businesses are required by law to follow them.

In other words, you still have to go by the rules of the business you're about to enter. I'm fully vaccinated, but I'm still assuming I'll need to wear a mask when I go grocery shopping in NJ until they tell me otherwise.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
Taking the role of devil's advocate for a second, just because the CDC has new recommendations doesn't mean that privately-owned businesses are required by law to follow them.

In other words, you still have to go by the rules of the business you're about to enter. I'm fully vaccinated, but I'm still assuming I'll need to wear a mask when I go grocery shopping in NJ until they tell me otherwise.
Murphy isn't lifting the restriction right now anyway.

rick81721

Lothar

They aren't stopping anyone. But now it's a moot point - effective today Publix, Costco, Walmart and many other stores new policy is fully vaccinated - no longer need masks. Will be interesting to see what the percentage of mask wearers is next time I go.

Last edited:

dmkalemba

I'll play double devils advocate. If a private business refuses to serve someone because of race, gender identification, or other personal characteristic, isn't that discrimination? Why is choosing to not wear a mask different? ( by the way, I'll wear a mask if the people in the store are...)

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
They aren't stopping anyone. But now it's a moot point - effective today Publix, Costco, Walmart and many other stores new policy is fully vaccinated - no longer need masks. Will be interesting to see what the percentage of mask wearers is next time I go.
But that's still only if the state allows it.

sundaydoug

I'll play double devils advocate. If a private business refuses to serve someone because of race, gender identification, or other personal characteristic, isn't that discrimination? Why is choosing to not wear a mask different? ( by the way, I'll wear a mask if the people in the store are...)
My wife and I were having a similar discussion about the legalities of privately-owned companies requiring employees to be vaccinated. I'm guessing it would vary state to state.

jklett

Double double devil's advocate: how is mask requirement any different than this? SIGN-605-500x500.jpg
Note: I don't agree with this one either but it is up to the business's discretion.

Top Bottom