This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

thegock

Interesting read but super hard for me to wrap my head around a few of these statements. The contention is that in general people are making the best decision with the information they have and yet scores of people say out loud they think it’s a hoax?

Honestly it’s just mind numbing that this is the world we live in.

The key takeaway from Pete's linked story was that none of the C19 victims she treated said "Yes" when the doctor asked them if they had consulted their family physician about deciding to get the vaccine. 🤔

I mean, why ask a doctor that, while my unemployed pest control services salesman friend, Quasi, is sharing the Plandumbic video, containing all the information we need?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Y'all got it all wrong, the focus should be on NFL fantasy leagues and gambling. Whichever team has the highest rate of vaccination is winning the Superbowl.
NFL is looking like they will come down hard on unvaccinated players

And speaking for myself who has a 7 year old and a wife who works in the peds ER..... From what she has been seeing... Im not very concerned about my son dying of covid.... Im more concerned about his lack of an education from not going to school.... Bc imo, virtual learning doesn't work... Additionally..
There have been COUNTLESS kids in her ER who are suicidal because of the ramifications of being home...the stories are unbelievable and terribly sad

For me... I'll get my son vaccinated, I'll be fine with him wearing a mask, but I want him in school and not home.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The key takeaway from Pete's linked story was that none of the C19 victims she treated said "Yes" when the doctor asked them if they had consulted their family physician about deciding to get the vaccine. 🤔

I mean, why ask a doctor that, while my unemployed pest control services salesman friend, Quasi, is sharing the Plandumbic video, containing all the information we need?

there are anti-vax doctors too.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
NFL is looking like they will come down hard on unvaccinated players

And speaking for myself who has a 7 year old and a wife who works in the peds ER..... From what she has been seeing... Im not very concerned about my son dying of covid.... Im more concerned about his lack of an education from not going to school.... Bc imo, virtual learning doesn't work... Additionally..
There have been COUNTLESS kids in her ER who are suicidal because of the ramifications of being home...the stories are unbelievable and terribly sad

For me... I'll get my son vaccinated, I'll be fine with him wearing a mask, but I want him in school and not home.
And to think, if everyone got vaccinated then we’d have this virus under control, life would be edging back to normal and our kids would be heading back to school with no issues.

What a crazy concept, eh.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The key takeaway from Pete's linked story was that none of the C19 victims she treated said "Yes" when the doctor asked them if they had consulted their family physician about deciding to get the vaccine.

Did we really need an article to tell us this? Did we expect to read that countless people consulted their Alabama doctor and they decided together it was all a hoax?

You know what's really brilliant? That some people thought that being white was going to save them.

rick81721

Lothar
And to think, if everyone got vaccinated then we’d have this virus under control, life would be edging back to normal and our kids would be heading back to school with no issues.

What a crazy concept, eh.

Who ever thought "everyone would get vaccinated"? I think I guessed we'd get to 60% but I'm sure old man @thegock will spend hours searching back to prove me wrong "again".

The reality is our daily vaccination rate peaked the day before the puppet-in-chief's admin idiotically paused the J&J vaccine. Vaccinations plummeted and never recovered. Their mixed messaging of saying you still had to wear masks after fully vaccinated only made it worse. Yet this nitwit tries to blame Facebook.

Anywho, the best countries in the world (Israel, UK, Canada) are peaking at about 60% vaccinated, maybe Canada will get to 70. Sure are alot of "anti-vaxxer morons" in the world.

thegock

Who ever thought "everyone would get vaccinated"? I think I guessed we'd get to 60% but I'm sure old man @thegock will spend hours searching back to prove me wrong "again".

The reality is our daily vaccination rate peaked the day before the puppet-in-chief's admin idiotically paused the J&J vaccine. Vaccinations plummeted and never recovered. Their mixed messaging of saying you still had to wear masks after fully vaccinated only made it worse. Yet this nitwit tries to blame Facebook.

Anywho, the best countries in the world (Israel, UK, Canada) are peaking at about 60% vaccinated, maybe Canada will get to 70. Sure are alot of "anti-vaxxer morons" in the world.

And "a lot" is two words

rick81721

Lothar
Demon sperm, ftw.

Speaking of doctors, forgot to relay my experience with my Doc in Montgomery on wednesday. They require masks inside (like healthcare facilities in FL and presumably everywhere else) - I donned one for the first time since taking the train back from FL. Felt weird wearing one again. When I checked in, no one asked whether I was vaccinated - there was a sign that they have vaccines available. In the exam room, a nurse came in for my vitals. Again, no question about vaccination. Finally, my doc comes in. He says, "you want to wear masks?" I said nope, I'm vaccinated. He said, "me too, I wear it as a courtesy." So we both took them off. He never asked first if I was vaccinated. Just thought it was strange they didn't inquire or push vaccines at all - when I come in later in the year for my annual physical, they always ask about flu vaccines. I would think the state would at pushing doctors to ask about and advocate vaccines.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They probably used to. But then got tried off anti vaxers getting pissy when asked.

I was thinking sort of the other way. I bet the vast majority of people in this area that go to their GP are vaccinated. I would wager a guess that getting a yearly check-up in an indication that you believe in medical science.

They probably got tired of asking because everyone said yes when they asked.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
A friend/co-worker of my WIfe has been in the hospital for the past week. Pulmonary embolism, pneumonia and on oxygen for the duration. He's from the South and refused to get vaccinated because he didn't want the government telling him what to do. His live in Fiance just joined him with a room down the hall. 2 confused kids at home.

Heading to Pittsburgh tomorrow where I hear many restaurants are requiring proof of vaccination in order to dine. I have no problem with that.

And it looks like the CDC is pushing masking up again.

On a brighter note, I received 22 bikes in the past week. Been a while.

Top Bottom