This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I am at the point, where if someone doesn’t want to get vaccinate, that’s on them, and the rest of us should start going back to normal. The hospital are not going to be overrun, so I can’t see a need to go back to masks.
That’s the issue for me - we would get it for my daughter, but can’t. So it’s not over for us people with younger kids because of morons.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That’s the issue for me - we would get it for my daughter, but can’t. So it’s not over for us people with younger kids because of morons.
Serious question, but is it mostly a non-issue for someone your daughter's age? I thought that children without pre-existing conditions pretty much have 0% risk?

I can say that if it's a 0% chance there's no need to worry, but know if I had a 10 year old I'd probably be freaking out all the time and have them in some HEPA filtered cushioned bubble.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Serious question, but is it mostly a non-issue for someone your daughter's age? I thought that children without pre-existing conditions pretty much have 0% risk?

I can say that if it's a 0% chance there's no need to worry, but know if I had a 10 year old I'd probably be freaking out all the time and have them in some HEPA filtered cushioned bubble.
Well yeah, but as a parent you still have in your head that you want to do right by your kids, because we don’t know 100% if they won’t be affected.
My girls (6, will be 7 in a few weeks) have zero issue with slapping a mask on in stores. Outside of that, everything else is back to “normal”

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

To echo what @stb222 said, as a parent, you don’t want your kid sick. My kids have respiratory issues too, not super high risk, but they are under the care of a pulmonologist.

If I can avoid them getting something as mundane as strep I will, never mind COVID where there are chances of the Kawasaki-type response or other low chance but serious in complications like long-hauling the virus. I know the chances are low, but they are there.

My wife has a history of autoimmune issues, so who knows what has been inherited genetically and if a non-vaccinated infection could trigger something.

It’s the unknown, and as a parent, you try to avoid that space, even though the unknown is inevitable.

thegock

People are stupid because if they don't agree with your random rants, it makes them so?

There is no evidence that suggests vaccinated people need to worry about this.

Do you mean, besides the dead people?

"As of July 12, 2021, more than 159 million people in the United States had been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

During the same time, CDC received reports from 48 U.S. states and territories of 5,492 patients with COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infection who were hospitalized or died.

Total number of vaccine breakthrough infections reported to CDC
Hospitalized or fatal vaccine breakthrough cases reported to CDC
Female2,680(49%)
People aged ≥65 years4,109(75%)
Asymptomatic infections1,107(20%)
Hospitalizations*5,189(94%)
Deaths†1,063(19%)
*1,456 (28%) of 5,189 hospitalizations reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19.
†272 (26%) of 1,063 fatal cases reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19.

Previous data on all vaccine breakthrough cases reported to CDC from January–April 2021 are available."

Above is from the CDC website.

"If you want to say people are stupid for not getting vaccinated, I'm not going to argue."

My friend Dr. Joe agrees with you on this for three reasons:

1. Someone has to pay for the intensive medical care that this virus may require.
2. The more cases develop, the more likely there will be more fatal mutations. e.g. the Delta variant has a R0 of 8, which is like measles, which everyone gets vaccinated against early in life as a matter of routine.
3. The more cases that the antivax MORONS experience, the higher likelihood of breakthrough infections.

Oh, and @rick81721 , is lung cancer contagious like the virus?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

I think we(nj) had ~6 kids pass from covid. My kids are 4 months old and 4 years old, the older with respiratory issues. I'm beside my self with sending my kid back to school, I have all of August off from paternity leave, and may take state paternity leave (FMLA baby bonding). Floated the idea to my boss and he offered me remote till my concerns are addressed(having the kids vaccinated).

Anyway what is ~0%? kids dying yeah close enough, but what about kids getting sick left permanently disabled to some degree. This is all avoidable if we're considerate of each other, unfortunately unless kids are dying people don't seem to care.

Kids don't mind the masks have them mask up until they can be vaccinated.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So remember during covid when I was telling you guys about how my wife would have 15 patients in a 12 hr shift..... Currently the ER has 152 at the moment and she's working on 11 just by herself

Nevermind covid times, now the ER is really full and the staff totally overworked.... So don't get hurt.

rick81721

Lothar
It's actually about 800 if you read the entire CDC info that I posted above, including footnotes. Now, should I listen to these PhD level scientists or @SLIKRICK...?

Seriously what are you babbling about now? Listen to who about what?? All you've shown is the amazing efficacy of these vaccines. And the scientists say if you're vaccinated, you don't have to wear masks.

01JQJ.gif

a.s.

Mr. Chainring

What if you don’t know if your kid has some underlying (undiagnosed) condition? Speaking for myself - if there’s a .000001% chance my 8 year old could die or have serious health issues form Covid, I’m going to worry. I do worry every freaking day for my kid. Everyone has a right to do what they gotta do to protect themselves from this shit. It’s the assholes who deny that this is real - those are the people I want to punch in the face.

Last edited:

JerseyPete

I try to be open minded and listen and read from different points of view. I'm not taking sides and not pouring gasoline into the fire of Rick and Tom.
I had Covid and after recovery also had 2 shots of Moderna as well.
This was an interesting read:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I try to be open minded and listen and read from different points of view. I'm not taking sides and not pouring gasoline into the fire of Rick and Tom.
I had Covid and after recovery also had 2 shots of Moderna as well.
This was an interesting read:

Interesting read but super hard for me to wrap my head around a few of these statements. The contention is that in general people are making the best decision with the information they have and yet scores of people say out loud they think it’s a hoax?

Honestly it’s just mind numbing that this is the world we live in.

Top Bottom