This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Money is money so it's not like I'm going to leave over that. My main point was, I don't see the point for actual bank accounts anymore as cash isn't much of a thing.

I still run across places that only take cash occasionally. As someone who travels a bit I assume you would as well. Like lemonade stands in the middle of the woods in Vermont. Though they may take cards now too.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I still run across places that only take cash occasionally. As someone who travels a bit I assume you would as well. Like lemonade stands in the middle of the woods in Vermont. Though they may take cards now too.
Right. But it's so minimal. I've been living off the cash for the past year off crap I've sold.

But the point I was making before about using a brokerage vs a bank is the fact that you can use any ATM anywhere. So it makes it quite convenient for getting cash when you need it.

But I also could be completely wrong about how ATM cards from banks work nowadays and maybe they cover the fees if you use your bank's card at another bank's ATM? And maybe banks dropped monthly fees if you have small balances? That's why I closed my last account.

Cassinonorth

But I also could be completely wrong about how ATM cards from banks work nowadays and maybe they cover the fees if you use your bank's card at another bank's ATM? And maybe banks dropped monthly fees if you have small balances? That's why I closed my last account.

The better ones do. Online banks and credit unions. The nationals staples will charge you double fees to get your money from any other ATM. Wells Fargo and the like.

rick81721

Lothar

That's def a selling point - most banks charge withdrawal fee if you don't use their ATM. We have a BOA account so it's easy to find ATMs almost anywhere in the US. How about ex US withdrawals - do they cover fees there too?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's def a selling point - most banks charge withdrawal fee if you don't use their ATM. We have a BOA account so it's easy to find ATMs almost anywhere in the US. How about ex US withdrawals - do they cover fees there too?
You know, I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure when I got Canadian cash I didn't pay the fee. They do however have a 1% transaction fee on foreign purchases so wouldn't be totally surprised if they charged that when taking cash out of a foreign ATM.

I can't imagine I've taken more than $300 out of the ATM in the couple times I've been to Canada, so that $3 is OK. Especially if it's the Canadian funny money and then it's like $2 US.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Everyone uses Square or similar now. Even our town ice cream truck takes Apple Pay.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Everyone uses Square or similar now. Even our town ice cream truck takes Apple Pay.

I remembered what it was. Someone was selling jars of honey on the honor system. We were on road bikes. I took the $10 out of my phone case and stuck the jar of honey in my Jersey.

They also sell eggs but that seemed a bit risky.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Hey, everyone is still wearing masks. What's the deal? Yesterday at Shop Rite I was the only one without one and I felt like an asshole the whole time.
I stopped in Stop n Shop in Pennington on Friday, everyone but some cranky register woman was wearing one. Like people staring at me and shit. WTF.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
f-em if they cant understand science then they can stew on their own, leave me out of it. I got my shot and now im going to take advantage of not needing stupid masks anymore.

my wife who also has her shot is still wearing one in 'public' buildings (her reason is 'she doesnt trust people') :rolleyes:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's a funny thing really. I went to the hardware store in town this morning and nobody had a mask on.

I know Acme across the street is a higher percentage but I think this is because their workers have to wear them. I don't stare at people and I go about my business. I literally do not give a flying fuck if you wear a mask, and I do not care the same flying fuck if you stare at me for not wearing one.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Three days in East Burke VT, maybe 5% of the people wearing masks. Stopped at Starbucks in Massachusetts on my way home. It was like May 2019 all over again. Everyone wearing masks and standing 6 feet apart, even the people outside and in their cars were wearing masks. :shrug:

JPark

Three days in East Burke VT, maybe 5% of the people wearing masks. Stopped at Starbucks in Massachusetts on my way home. It was like May 2019 all over again. Everyone wearing masks and standing 6 feet apart, even the people outside and in their cars were wearing masks. :shrug:
The Mask is the MAGA hat for the Left. Not that VT is right-wing but the more rural areas do lean that way.

Top Bottom