This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
First Atlantic Federal Credit Union (who suck. don't bank there!) wouldn't let me in. Masked or not. Had to use the drive through to withdraw.

Edit: And why would I do something as ridiculous as go to the bank to get money? Because my debit card was compromised for the THIRD time about 6 weeks ago and the replacement never showed up. Which is the proverbial straw with that crappy institution.
Closed my bank account about 5 years ago, but haven't used it in 10 years.

I haven't had a use for a bank account in years, pretty sure I'll never need to open another one.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

I haven't had a use for a bank account in years, pretty sure I'll never need to open another one.
I think you are older than me, what is the alternative?

mfennell

We are all waiting anxiously. Buried in the yard? Mattress? Attic? Does your employer pay you in cash?

Completely unrelated: where do you live?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think you are older than me, what is the alternative?
Interesting. I know I'm old but what's the alternative??
I use Fidelity as a brokerage and they offer free checking and free ATM.

When I say free ATM they don't have any of their own ATM machines, they just pay the fee when you use whatever/wherever ATM. So way better than a bank ATM.

I'm *assuming* any brokerage you use has the same features. Well except Vanguard of course.

Then again while the ATM thing seems nice, I haven't used the card since pre-Covid and don't even remember my PIN. I just use the cash from bike stuff I sell because I use the credit card for almost all purchases.

I possibly write less than one check a year.

It's sort of like a bank, but it isn't. I don't go to one of those annoying buildings.

We are all waiting anxiously. Buried in the yard? Mattress? Attic? Does your employer pay you in cash?

Completely unrelated: where do you live?
I only have a few hundred in cash on hand.

My employer paid me by check until Covid hit. I would either take a picture using my phone or walk over to Fidelity because they had cans of diet coke for customers and the walk is nice. Once Covid hit they moved to direct deposit.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

When I say free ATM they don't have any of their own ATM machines, they just pay the fee when you use whatever/wherever ATM. So way better than a bank ATM.

I'm *assuming* any brokerage you use has the same features. Well except Vanguard of course.

Then again while the ATM thing seems nice, I haven't used the card since pre-Covid and don't even remember my PIN. I just use the cash from bike stuff I sell because I use the credit card for almost all purchases.

It's sort of like a bank, but it isn't. I don't go to one of those annoying buildings.

I only have a few hundred in cash on hand.

My employer paid me by check until Covid hit. I would either take a picture using my phone or walk over to Fidelity because they had cans of diet coke for customers and the walk is nice. Once Covid hit they moved to direct deposit.
Ok, so, a bank
Need a meme: doesn’t go to bank, gets paid by paper checks

rick81721

Lothar

I don't think many people go physically into banks any more. I probably do a few times a year - last time was 2 weeks ago to yank out cash for the trek domane.

Paper paychecks until just last year? Wow... last one I got was in the 1980s!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't think many people go physically into banks any more. I probably do a few times a year - last time was 2 weeks ago to yank out cash for the trek domane.

Paper paychecks until just last year? Wow... last one I got was in the 1980s!
Yeah, I dunno. Small business, so obviously there's reasons for going with paper paychecks due to ease. But it also took no time to just take a picture with the app on the phone.

Money is money so it's not like I'm going to leave over that. My main point was, I don't see the point for actual bank accounts anymore as cash isn't much of a thing.

Top Bottom