The 29er Experiment Concludes

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At this point it's not an experiment any longer, as I picked up the bike on Wednesday after work and took it on it's first ride yesterday afternoon at Lewis Morris. This bike is simply awesome. Major props to Jdog of Halter's Cycles fame for putting this together, in the process twisting some arms at Mavic to get my wheels in time for the race season. I've been to the shop a handful of times in the last 2 months and I know how crazy busy the shop is. He ended up staying an hour after close to finish up the bike with me on Wednesday. Thanks again JDog. Once again I don't think you can say enough good things about this shop as well as Jay. Chris is a nice guy too but he's allergic to the Internet so he won't read this unless someone forces him to.

Anyway, pictures:

2439024219_1e658b9288.jpg

2439024363_c03d23aebe.jpg

2439023985_0fd4dffeae.jpg

2439849316_1705ff5805.jpg

2439025345_e082318d1b.jpg

2439848960_4b500599a2.jpg

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Rotor ring, Ergons, Salsa carbon bar...hallmarks of the J. build. Neat-o.

walter

Fourth Party
For those that have never seen this frame in person, the Tang is absolutely awesome.

Good stuff, enjoy.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also like the green HS to match.

I let Jay pick that out. We seem to like the same colors, in general. Not sure how I would have felt if he went with pink tires though.

what's the final weight?

I didn't weigh it. In theory it's supposed to be in the 24-25 pound realm. Without question it's much lighter than the Stumpjumper I rode last year, which is the big plus.

Glancing Aft

I didn't weigh it. In theory it's supposed to be in the 24-25 pound realm. Without question it's much lighter than the Stumpjumper I rode last year, which is the big plus.

You could have shaved a good half pound off of it by going with shorter spokes and smaller diameter rim ;) :p I kid, I kid, as I get flamed... :)
Looks like a sweet ride!!! Now go make us proud next weekend!

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I was very afraid till I saw the stem. Waway is going to eat you alive!! Can't wait to moto w/ you and the new ride Normy. I got the Manitou last week and it needs customization. How's the Fox??

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was very afraid till I saw the stem. Waway is going to eat you alive!! Can't wait to moto w/ you and the new ride Normy. I got the Manitou last week and it needs customization. How's the Fox??

The Fox is a Fox, feels just like the 26er Fox, very smooth. I like it so far. I'll let you know tomorrow after the Waway preride. Been a long time, my friend.

Nice bike Norm!! I'm sure you know the rules though, 29'er hardtail=automatic upgrade into Expert Class:D

In my condition Sport is going to be difficult enough!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
8:00 am if it doesn't rain. I guess the boat launch or wherever the popular place is to park?

Top Bottom