The 2022 lawn thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So we put an offer on a house and it was accepted. It's lawn puts my current little .5 acre plot to shame. Not sure my 33" walk behind is gonna cut it, lol. I'll now have over 3 acres. Maybe 15 percent of which is wooded, the rest is grass. Anyone got any tips on managing this?
Here's the drivewayView attachment 193176
Here's the house from halfway into the back yard:
View attachment 193177

What Matt said - 60" ZTR. Enjoy the ride.
I found a used Bobcat from a dealer. They'll go forever doing 20ish cuts per year.

Last edited:

qclabrat

So we put an offer on a house and it was accepted. It's lawn puts my current little .5 acre plot to shame. Not sure my 33" walk behind is gonna cut it, lol. I'll now have over 3 acres. Maybe 15 percent of which is wooded, the rest is grass. Anyone got any tips on managing this?
View attachment 193177
Dig a big fish pond, will clear out mosquitos as well. Btw, good luck with the buy

iman29

View attachment 193177
Wow good luck on the move.

Another option :

Put up a fence and grab a few of these off this web site and your golden?

ekuhn

View attachment 193177
Awesome. Congrats. Being far from the road at the house is a very nice thing.

60" Zero Turn. Commercial grade. Bobcat, Ferris, Toro.

Don't sweat weed wacking every week, just do around the house. No one will ever notice.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
60" Zero Turn. Commercial grade. Bobcat, Ferris, Toro.

Don't sweat weed wacking every week, just do around the house. No one will ever notice.
Add Gravely ZTHD to the mix - same drive system as their commercial mowers, just a few less features that are more important when you're cutting 8hrs/day.

And agree about the trimming, i have like half mile worth of chain-link fence... only trim that maybe once every month or two

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And agree about the trimming, i have like half mile worth of chain-link fence... only trim that maybe once every month or two

dont you have a small army that could do the trimming part for you?

Matt_

I Get Jokes
dont you have a small army that could do the trimming part for you?
lol im working on it! JT is trimmer-trained and has his own 20v dewalt trimmer, he takes care of the "around the house" stuff (for the most part). Chain link is a bit of a pita and takes a bit more skill without having to re-string every 15'

*i'm not a hippie, but prefer not to use a substantial amount of round-up in the same vicinity as my water source.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
lol im working on it! JT is trimmer-trained and has his own 20v dewalt trimmer, he takes care of the "around the house" stuff (for the most part). Chain link is a bit of a pita and takes a bit more skill without having to re-string every 15'

*i'm not a hippie, but prefer not to use a substantial amount of round-up in the same vicinity as my water source.

im glad that trimmers still working out for him!

Mahnken

i find round-up works well for this.

---

also, at about $7,000 - a 52" eZTR could be on the radar......
I won't touch round up, I find salt and vinegar works well enough.

You talking about the ego? I do like the idea of electric. I don't think they have a plow attachment though, which I feel would be a great feature with a 450' driveway, lol.

Patrick

Staff member
I won't touch round up, I find salt and vinegar works well enough.

You talking about the ego? I do like the idea of electric. I don't think they have a plow attachment though, which I feel would be a great feature with a 450' driveway, lol.
You need a blower attachment. These and garden tractors cantt push the snow

Get a quad with a blower. More toys!

I don't do round up either... The weed guy sprays something

Mahnken

You need a blower attachment. These and garden tractors cantt push the snow

Get a quad with a blower. More toys!

I don't do round up either... The weed guy sprays something
For real? Cub cadet has a plow attachment for their zero turns. I guess I could just use my snowblower the couple times it actually snows every year, lol.

Patrick

Staff member
For real? Cub cadet has a plow attachment for their zero turns. I guess I could just use my snowblower the couple times it actually snows every year, lol.

i had a plow attachment for my garden tractor. it couldn't move more than a couple inches of snow even with weights and chains.
walk behind is fast enough - i use my neighbors. or i just leave it and wait two days. it is south jersey.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
he isn't allowed to say round up. but it has to be something similar. probably vinegar.
I was just busting. I forgot the emoji 🤣

I use that industrial vinegar. I forgot the %. But it works and I smell like salt and vin potato chips. Not a bad thing.

Patrick

Staff member
I was just busting. I forgot the emoji 🤣

I use that industrial vinegar. I forgot the %. But it works and I smell like salt and vin potato chips. Not a bad thing.

it kills everything it is sprayed onto - and some of the things the wind carries it to.
It can't really be good for ya - just like that monsanto product. ;)

Top Bottom