The 2022 lawn thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Patrick I was in this boat last week. I was looking for an excuse to try these and it paid off huge.

I run the razor and the ripper. It turned the left over grass into mostly dust. I was blown away on how well my lawn looked afterwards.
that was quickly handled when I was done.

Ooh. They have them for my mower too!

Will check it out when I make it home

Mahnken

@Patrick I was in this boat last week. I was looking for an excuse to try these and it paid off huge.

I run the razor and the ripper. It turned the left over grass into mostly dust. I was blown away on how well my lawn looked afterwards.
Dang, none for my little cub
PXL_20210429_182200030.MP.jpg

qclabrat

Which mower do you have and what do these blades cost?

one piece crank

I have never seen an X-blade mower configuration. Where are they typically used?

ekuhn

ekuhn

Did you close the chute?

My grass is a foot tall after not being cut this weekend (i did get in 100 miles of waway on the ebike tho)

I dont have the plastic chute, just wide open. However, I have one of these that I use around the mulch areas.

I haven't tried it with the new X Blade setup yet. It worked well fully closed on leaves and mulching blades, but not cutting alot of grass. When I do cut high grass with it closed, it will then produces a line of clumps. Maybe it won't be as bad with the X Blades. Stay tuned.

Congrats on your ebiking.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
3rd directional cut today. I know cutting before the heat wave isn't great but shit was long and I got shit to do this wknd. That's what sprinklers are for. EGo walk behind with self propel doing well so far.
20220520_142355.jpg

iman29

1st diagonal cut. Regretting waiting too long to cut the grass. Did an easy ride this morning and was gonna skip it but my neighbor did his and it was cloudy when I first went out but then it got so hot I just did the front lawn and will save the yard for after work this week when it’s 70F instead of 90+

Had to make 2 passes to really get the cut clean and had to stop a lot to empty the bag.

Looks ok I guess even with some weeds mixed in. 🤷🏻‍♂️

40B8E52E-B02E-4CF8-A357-1063BF79FE55.jpeg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ugh, you poor people....directional cutting :smh: all valuable time you could have spent riding bikes.

As I was riding my road bike thru mountain lakes a few weeks ago I must have had to move into traffic 6 times to avoid landscaping trucks parked on the side of the road. Its staggering how much water, fuel, vehicles it takes to sustain this stupid plant.

The Kalmyk

ugh, you poor people....directional cutting :smh: all valuable time you could have spent riding bikes.

As I was riding my road bike thru mountain lakes a few weeks ago I must have had to move into traffic 6 times to avoid landscaping trucks parked on the side of the road. Its staggering how much water, fuel, vehicles it takes to sustain this stupid plant.

Damn! You thought that out👊🏻👊🏻

iman29

I did ride my bike first and then cut the grass :

"....Did an easy ride this morning..."

#priorities

iman29

Well I got the yard done after work tonight.

It was so bad I had to stop so many times but at least it was cloudy and nice and cool out.

At some point I finally realized the landscaper who takes care of the elderly neighbors behind us is no longer is maintaining the shrubs against the back fence and it’s really hanging far into my yard. My next door neighbor was out cutting his lawn as well and let me borrow his electric hedge trimmer and I went to work. Dang that thing was old but worked really well. So well that I even trimmed all the mini trees and weeds behind the shed. Was just about finished when the trimmer stopped and I realized the cord got tangled under the brush and I cut it. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Now I will have a 99ft cord when I am done
Will be an easy fix but it’s just a PITA.

152614E4-D9B5-4E02-B73C-59AF878BB896.jpeg4EDD7680-C4C8-449E-9EF7-8E7802916B94.jpeg1CFB977F-E2BB-4D12-A155-7C98C087A9E7.jpeg2F6FB167-D72D-4C34-996F-983643BFF65A.jpeg

sundaydoug

Got a Scotts weed and feed question for you lawn experts. I know you're supposed to apply to a wet lawn ahead of 2-3 days of no rain. On Saturday I waited until after the storms has rolled through (or so I thought, even checked the radar) to apply. Got the application done, and then 30 minutes later it poured for about 20 minutes and then stopped. My yard is relatively flat, so I'm hoping it didn't wash away. Did I just waste a $70 bag of lawn chemicals?

iman29

Got a Scotts weed and feed question for you lawn experts. I know you're supposed to apply to a wet lawn ahead of 2-3 days of no rain. On Saturday I waited until after the storms has rolled through (or so I thought, even checked the radar) to apply. Got the application done, and then 30 minutes later it poured for about 20 minutes and then stopped. My yard is relatively flat, so I'm hoping it didn't wash away. Did I just waste a $70 bag of lawn chemicals?
I’m no expert the 2-3 times I’ve done it so far I had something similar happen and it seemed fine. In fact I could see the black spots where the dandelions were dying off a few weeks later.

I definitely would not do it again at the risk of burning up the lawn. I think the bag says how often to apply but at this stage just let it fly and see if it makes a difference in a few weeks.

Top Bottom