The 2021 lawn thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Saw someone in my neighborhood taking the $100 corded de thatcher out of the box and using it. Looked like it worked real well. Still debating if it’s worth it.

Maybe someone in NNJ has one i can borrow I just want to do my small front yard with it. That backyard seems to grow crazy good all On its own.
Sounds well worth the $100

ekuhn

#nofilter. My iphone finally took a nice photo, no bullshit. Still need to service the mower blades were still sharp. TruGreen has to be given credit for the lack of dandelions. There were other spots not this glorious where it was still kinda wet.

IMG_4244.jpeg

iman29

Decided I had enough BS at work for the day and went out late afternoon after the storm to do the first mow. Only time for mowing before dinner and a Zoom meeting for kids school stuff so no edging or any of that crap

Free mower I fixed up from last fall started up on the 3rd pull despite the fact I forgot to drain the gas at the end of last season. Probably because back then I did a full carb clean out and changed the spark plug.

E718A6C7-C6E2-4B4B-91E6-D2BF3245B9AD.jpeg

Cassinonorth

Saw someone in my neighborhood taking the $100 corded de thatcher out of the box and using it. Looked like it worked real well. Still debating if it’s worth it.

Maybe someone in NNJ has one i can borrow I just want to do my small front yard with it. That backyard seems to grow crazy good all On its own.

Try to make friends with them and share tools. Works out for everyone.

serviceguy

How am I supposed to deal with an extensive Hairy Bittercress infestation? Last year there were a few plants on the side of the house, I manually removed them. This spring they are covering the entire front lawn...

Early mowing (before flowers turns into seeeds) ?

Would like to avoid chemicals if possible

q3 (1).jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
How am I supposed to deal with an extensive Hairy Bittercress infestation? Last year there were a few plants on the side of the house, I manually removed them. This spring they are covering the entire front lawn...

Early mowing (before flowers turns into seeeds) ?

Would like to avoid chemicals if possible

View attachment 156228

they die back when the weather warms up. temporary problem.

-----

Cut #2 in the books.

The deck is now set at 5" - looks to be cutting around 3.5"

1619198454741.png

Opposite diagonals from last time, got the checkerboard working.

1619198487654.png

New septic access covers. Cause why only have a tank with 1 chamber, when you can have two?

serviceguy

they die back when the weather warms up. temporary problem.

-----

Cut #2 in the books.

The deck is now set at 5" - looks to be cutting around 3.5"

View attachment 156229

Opposite diagonals from last time, got the checkerboard working.

View attachment 156230

New septic access covers. Cause why only have a tank with 1 chamber, when you can have two?
Where did you get those? I need mine replaced and raised, last time I had to dig them out overnight because the EG (English Gardener) did not want to spend the extra $50 for them to do it and I forgot they were coming the next day.

And yep, two chambers and a pump...more stuff to break and replace, none of which is cheap.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Where did you get those? I need mine replaced and raised, last time I had to dig them out overnight because the EG (English Gardener) did not want to spend the extra $50 for them to do it and I forgot they were coming the next day.

And yep, two chambers and a pump...more stuff to break and replace, none of which is cheap.
The clean out guy installed them. Didn’t we search online for you last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom