The 2021 lawn thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobW

Getting the mowers ready. I am not a lawn fanatic. What grows gets mowed, but I'm not particular about what grows. In addition to these, I have an Exmark with velke, a string mower, and a walk behind. Whew!
Picture reeks of serious Dad drip!

w_b

Yesterday I hand dug four 5gal buckets of dandelions from my meager peasantly lot. Roots and all. Looks amazing. Stop over for a barley soda if you don’t believe me.

Almost time to mow the rest of the weeds.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Pre Strava, I put a GPS on it and recorded over 8-miles for one complete mow. Multiply that times 17 years. That was my miles...

damn, now i'm going to have to record the whole thing! :D
(i'm not going to hit 8 tho, incl my neighbor's yard)

Yesterday I hand dug four 5gal buckets of dandelions from my meager peasantly lot. Roots and all. Looks amazing. Stop over for a barley soda if you don’t believe me.

Almost time to mow the rest of the weeds.

i noticed a couple of thistle in the yard - they need to be physically eradicated, which is always a joy. In for sodas.

iman29

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Bought some Scott’s thick’r 3 in 1 at Costco yesterday and applied before today’s rain. Too many bare spots in my backyard. Can’t be worse than the dirt already there.

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Scale is a must own for lawn care.
And even more important for our environment.

For proper application you need to know how many square feet your lawn is and a means of applying it to the proper lb/1000sq. Ft.

Everyone likes to point the finger at big industry polluting our waterways however homeowners collectively have a great influence on our environment. Take the time, read the bag and apply correctly.

😀

ekuhn

I don’t do either, I have a British gardener doing it for me. Either way it doesn’t make any difference, she not pushing it, she can barely keep up after it uphill, downhill sideways, upside down, whatever! Anyway, would you really drive your lawn mower across a steep incline? Better have a sturdy rollbar! Don’t be this guy!
View attachment 155334

This bad boy will cut up hill at 30* plus its got several attachments to help. If you've ever seen one in person, its a pretty bad ass machine.

Strugglebus

This bad boy will cut up hill at 30* plus its got several attachments to help. If you've ever seen one in person, its a pretty bad ass machine.

we have 2 at work. When we cut the steep banks it has four extra wheels that thread on at each corner. It’s a pretty bad ass machine.
It’s also one of the best pieces of equipment we have for doing snow removal. Takes some time to get used to the controls as they are different then most.

HiFiGuy

Reluctantly joining the frey here, after several years of neglect due to riding bikes, go figure. Terrible case of crab grass last year. Started with aerating then putting down some top soil over the bare spots. Then some lime and Scott’s fiertilizer, found one that has the crabgrass preventative but you can use with new seed. Guys at Hoffman’s Supply in Long Valley were a great help. At least it was a crappy day today, didn’t miss any good riding weather. Fingers crossed it all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom