The 2021 lawn thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut #4 in the books - cut #5 isn't far behind.

oh, somerset county auction - lots of "stuff"
Maybe a lawn machine, school bus, or crown vic!

1620903142819.png

Guys with a zero turn, what kind of blades are you running? @Patrick

Lawn was fertilized by TruGreen, and I'm cutting every 6-7 days, really it should be 5-6, but I can't keep that trend up. I cut at 3.5" and when I cut it at 7 days, I'm prob removing close to 2". It lays a lot of grass on the previous pass or the next. I've run a gator blade in the 3rd slot, but pulled it as it did not shoot the grass as far and left clumps. Currently running 3 high lifts that I sharpened before this cut in the photo.

IMG_4384.jpeg

Keeping it real. Sorry if this is too much for some folks to stomach. Addressing all of the other areas of our landscaping first. Eventually we'll get to the lawn.

😂

View attachment 157649
View attachment 157650
View attachment 157651
Looks like my yard, I keep saying "it may be all weeds but at least it's green".
Same here, with an aggressive infestation of dandelion on top of it. I won't be taking too much care of it though other than mowing every other week, other priorities have surfaced so the neighbor beautification nazi patrol will have to come to terms with it. Or pay for a gardener, either way it works for me.

Cut #4 in the books - cut #5 isn't far behind.

oh, somerset county auction - lots of "stuff"
Maybe a lawn machine, school bus, or crown vic!

View attachment 157591
i typically buy those with 2500 hours and put another 10k on them:) best machine ....parts will cost you

Guys with a zero turn, what kind of blades are you running? @Patrick

I'm running stock blades. Didn't know I had a choice!

I should double cut cause I'm once a week and it is leaving clumps of clippings

I'm literally throwing handfuls of clover seeds into my bank yard. They started sprouting yesterday should have a nice soft green carpet before too long

Here's one of a billion little write-ups about clover being more awesome than grass

Last edited:
Well, I have to say that cassinonorth's backyard lawn is really amazing. I wish mine would look the same. My whole backyard is a mess actually, as we have moved into this house two weeks ago, and we still haven't arranged all the things. While the lawn ... well it is really really bad. I was thinking about getting a new one, however I won't have enough time to take care of it, so I decided to go for some artificial grass from https://itsartificialgrass.com/ as they are having the best artificial grass in here.

Last edited:
I was gonna post this in DIY but....

Replaced the main solenoid valve for my irrigation. The bleed acre broke and it's an odd brand so I just opted to replace it. Paid an extra $30 to avoid soldering. And the big stores don't carry 3/4" sweat x 1" PEX fittings, so this was pretty much mu only choice to get it done today. Took me literally 10 minutes to do this, so I guess it was worth it.

Now to go jack up the water bill...

PXL_20210522_011117384.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom