The 2021 lawn thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iman29

alternate diagonal next week!

Looking good!

Thanks I have to admit this thread made me spend a few bucks on some
Of the Scott’s lawn treatment stuff (weed treatment and then turf builder spaced a few weeks apart) and even tho I didn’t get to dethatch or seed it, it made a big difference so far this season for very little effort.

At least I no longer have the best dandelion garden on the block. 🤣

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thanks I have to admit this thread made me spend a few bucks on some
Of the Scott’s lawn treatment stuff (weed treatment and then turf builder spaced a few weeks apart) and even tho I didn’t get to dethatch or seed it, it made a big difference so far this season for very little effort.

At least I no longer have the best dandelion garden on the block. 🤣

don't bother dethatching - do you bag your grass? it looks clean.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yes I always bag it cause i hate when it gets tracked in the house or ends up all
Over the sidewalks after I am done with the blower.

so no new thatch going in - no need to clear the existing!

are you using a mechanical edger, or chemical?

iman29

so no new thatch going in - no need to clear the existing!

are you using a mechanical edger, or chemical?
Stihl straight shaft Line trimmer turned sideways and on a slight angle to the sidewalk instead of parallel. I like cutting that nice clean edge

serviceguy

Follow up to my garden situation...the neighbor mowed most of my lawn while I was out doing TM at JH...I felt like a piece of poop, showing up all dirty from playing with rocks in the woods while someone else was doing my chores. Still much appreciated.

iman29

I was gonna post this in the Frown thread but based on recent discussion here.

Walked the dog and around the corner these people have me so triggered they didn’t even clean any of the grass off the sidewalk. Ugh.

3B8C4E84-40C8-4BF3-978D-E0475ECCD5AD.jpeg

kearneyb

This is very interesting. I am glad you are discussing this topic. It seems there is a mistake as no photo could be that perfect.

qclabrat

I started using Ironite again and as usual dropped Milorganite in the summer. Been only a week but it's usually takes 2 weeks to seen the emerald green carpet look. What's great about the Ironite is that it won't make you mow twice a week after fertilizing.

serviceguy

Not entirely sure this post is in the right thread, so @Patrick please move where most appropriate according to your judgement.

Double whammy.

Mushroom colony at the bottom of the big sugar maple tree on my front yard. Is it true that mushrooms on your tree mean the tree has to go as it is rotting at its core? I've tried to get my neighbor (who's the owner of the local, very highly regarded, tree care company) to cut down a couple of branches off this tree because they're damaged and threaten both my power and cable/phone/internet lines, so far no luck.

Wasps nest on the lower branches of the same tree, I didn't notice until I was emptying the lawn mower bag into the big bucket right underneath the nest, the wasps did not seem bothered in the least (it's about 15ft high from the ground).

I'm guessing having to pay for the nest to be removed before having to pay for the tree to be removed?

Actually no, the nest should be covered by our pest control company (which has already been the target of the English Gardener wrath when the new operator did a shitty job of spraying the house and garage foundations). Wasps are supposed to abandon the nest when the temperature drops (I did remove a similar nest back when I lived in Clifton, as it was much lower, and there wasn't a single soul left in the nest by mid October, still gross).

At least the roofer sent us an estimate, even though I have not had the courage to read it yet. Apparently he sent it on 9/1 but it never made it to my inbox...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom