The 2020 baseball season

Gene

The Dancing Machine
As a lifelong Yankees fan I'm always looking forward to what the pinstipes will bring to the season and honestly post season.

This year with the 60 game season and modifications to play after 9 I find it even more intriguing...

Additional thoughts outside of rankings and FAQ
  1. Pitch counting for pitchers will even be more focused this year to avoid injury
  2. Significant more bullpen calls due to item 1
  3. More rookie\prospect play due to avaialble player pools
  4. Stadium pumped cheering was nice to hear during the Yankees\Mets games - bring that more into the TV than just at the stadium

As far as thoughts on rankings
  1. Astros are too high
  2. Defending champion Nationals should be at 5
  3. Mets should be ranked 9 or 10
  4. Seriously, Marlins should be 30th
  5. Padres over Red Sox
  6. Phillys will shoot up after Girardi's magic brings the best out of the club
  7. Angels will skyrocker as long as Ohtani and Trout are playing - Maddon will be another solid reason similar to Girardi

FAQ for upcoming season per MLB.com

MLB Power Rankings

1) Dodgers (1 last week)
2) Yankees (2)
3) Astros (3)
4) Twins (4)
5) Rays (6)
6) Braves (5 last week)
7) A’s (7)
8) Nationals (8)
9) Cardinals (9)
10) Cubs (10)
11) Reds (14)
12) Indians (11)
13) Mets (13)
14) Phillies (12)
15) Brewers (16)
16) D-Backs (15)
17) Angels (17)
18) Red Sox (18)
19) Padres (19)
20) White Sox (20)
21) Blue Jays (21)
22) Rangers (22)
23) Rockies (24)
24) Giants (23)
25) Marlins (25)
26) Royals (26)
27) Pirates (27)
28) Mariners (28)
29) Tigers (30)
30) Orioles (29)

without a june to deal with, the mets have a chance

06/2018 5-21 - finish season 77-85
06/2019 10-18 - finish season 86-76

actually i give them no chance against the powerful east teams - esp AL east and the evil empire ;)

i'm interested in seeing how the DH works out, and the strategies of the extra inning rule.
Let's play 2! is this year's mantra.

The Yankees suck and it’s time to can Brian Cashman.

They're made of paper mache and can't stay healthy. They need more steroids.

I bought a 12-game season ticket package for 2021 for $380. A month ago it seemed a great deal. Now? I dunno.

They're made of paper mache and can't stay healthy. They need more steroids.

I bought a 12-game season ticket package for 2021 for $380. A month ago it seemed a great deal. Now? I dunno.
You may as well have lit your cash on fire relying that sh*tbag Giancarlo Stanton.

Stanton was the WORST Yankee acquisition ever. I even rank him above Ellsberry who the Yankees are paying not to play.... and pitching waste that couldn’t handle pinstripes.

Cashman has been smart not to let his young stars go in trade. They have some studs that will make the show in the next season or two.

Stanton was the WORST Yankee acquisition ever. I even rank him above Ellsberry who the Yankees are paying not to play.... and pitching waste that couldn’t handle pinstripes.

Cashman has been smart not to let his young stars go in trade. They have some studs that will make the show in the next season or two.
I’m not crazy about his drafting of 7 catchers the last few years and his acumen in finding pitching on the market is horrendous.
Throw in the checkbook he has v Tampa - and you see where a bloated rep he has.
He lived off Stick Michael’s core 4 until 2009 - since then its check writing.

I’m not crazy about his drafting of 7 catchers the last few years and his acumen in finding pitching on the market is horrendous.
Throw in the checkbook he has v Tampa - and you see where a bloated rep he has.
He lived off Stick Michael’s core 4 until 2009 - since then its check writing.
I lost a girlfriend for telling her the 90s championships were due to Gene Michael and his staffs and barely anything to do with Cashman. I don’t disagree there.

I think the Steinbrenner sons got a little George in them and the trumping of decisioning. I blame Hal for most of the last two years of money burning.

im an avid yankee hater, glad to see them sucking.

why doesnt baseball have a salary cap again?

im an avid yankee hater, glad to see them sucking.

why doesnt baseball have a salary cap again?

soft cap with revenue sharing - they have a min.
players refuse to agree to a hard cap.

soft cap with revenue sharing - they have a min.
players refuse to agree to a hard cap.
Their professional season is the longest, yet longevity to the sport is longer... just not high end players.

As George Steinbrenner once said , if they wanna share my revenue in Milwaukee- share my expenses as well.

Caps and revenues are anti capitalism at heart and don’t always have the desired impact.

But I agree the disparity in payrolls is absurd.

I think sports are better when you have evil empires. The NFL just isn't as good when Tampa Bay can win a Super Bowl in any given year.

While I will never pitty a sports owner the Yankees Enterprise (LLP) is unique in baseball. Only team that comes closest is the Dodgers, but they don’t own an entire network.

Back
Top Bottom