that is some good kool-aid

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
picked up the GF rig today and took her for the maiden voyage with the weekly montclair bikery ride crew

WOW

absolutely amazing....all of the rocks and logs were just effortless, stuff i had not even tried before on my piranha i was nailing with the rig.

i dont see my self on the piranha too much in the future, i think im gonna try and do the full 24 HOA on the rig too.

i still cant wipe the smile off my face

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Gotta say that I don't find technical sections significantly easier with the 29er. Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. But I really didn't get the sensation that I took 1 big step towards riding a motorcycle with it. Overall I find I can go faster this year, so maybe it's just a speed thing, who knows.

Curious where everyone else stands with this actually.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
the biggest thing i found is that on the rocky technical sections, it was much easier to just roll right over/through it, instead of navigating it.

because of the longer wheelbase it is a bit less nimble than my piranha, but i felt like i could get through alot more stuff with less effort

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Gotta say that I don't find technical sections significantly easier with the 29er. Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. But I really didn't get the sensation that I took 1 big step towards riding a motorcycle with it. Overall I find I can go faster this year, so maybe it's just a speed thing, who knows.

Curious where everyone else stands with this actually.

I'm more interested in where the Montclair Bikery rides...?

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
we have been going to mills reservation, doing about a 10 mile loop...to me its the best trails within 30 mins of my house

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i find the 29er to be more stable for sure...especially now with the new reba. logs and such that used to hang me up on the 26" are a non-issue with the 29". as said numerous times, b/c of the wheel size you're far less likely to get hung up in the "chatter".

oh, and norm, while i lust after your bike b/c it is simply bewteeful, it's all your hard work that has really made you faster. the technology is bling-a-riffic fo' shizzle, but w/o legs to push it, you've got fancy garage art.

walter

Fourth Party
I'm coming up on my two year anniversary of drinking the kool-aid and have to say that other than beer and mama juana, its the best thing I've ever tasted.

Congrats on the new bike. Also take into consideration that the fork on your Rig is probably tons better than the one on your Pirana. That may be why the ride seems better too.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
Also take into consideration that the fork on your Rig is probably tons better than the one on your Pirana. That may be why the ride seems better too.

thats absolutely true, i think the fork on the rig cost as much as the piranha haha, not to mention that the fork on the piranha is all sorts of jacked up and needs to be replaced

Top Bottom