that creepy feeling.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i think you're getting resevois mixed up sean. wayway to splitrock would be a 40ish mile ride one way, and you would have to cross rt 23. it's possible you made it to clinton resevoir, but even that would be quite a trip.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jake - if your derailleur freezes what do you do?

if you can pee, you pee on it. :D

bill, i rode up here prolly just as much as anyone...all sorts of wacky hours. during broad day light i have zero issues with that place. but dusk...whole different story. the drumming i heard wasn't no damn boy scouts.

the thanksgiving ride is a blast, provided you don't get stuck behind porpoise who is slower than whale dump on an mtb...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Given our recent adventures, I find a bump is necessary here.

I forgot to mention we found 383 dead goats nailed to trees. I didn't think it was abnormal but now that I read this...

I almost got stuck in the Pine Barrens after dark. Lost a foglight cover and went back to all of the pond crossings looking for it and finally found it just before dark. :eek: Driving past those trailers near the entrance off of 206 is always creepy day or night. I have seen my fair share of creepy people just hanging out or driving around slowly in there.

gtluke

The Moped
I get seriously freaked the hell out in the local trails by me when I'm riding home from the real ride on the other side of town. I take a shortcut home through a nice portion of awesome trails/woods. I get really bugged out and just sing whatever is on my ipod to calm myself. I think I'm more scared of being attacked by a rapist or something out there, the woods around here are filled with bad people, not ghosts :)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have done the monday night splitrock ride many times, never heard anything weird out there. Granted the bat cave and the old cemetary were a bit creepy in the dark, but luke let me hold his hand :D

Eileen

I get seriously freaked the hell out in the local trails by me ....I think I'm more scared of being attacked by a rapist or something out there, the woods around here are filled with bad people, not ghosts :)

I broke a stick with my wheel, it flipped up hit me in the ribs and I seriously thought someone hit me with it. Nothing like creepy night rides when your light is burning out :D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have done the monday night splitrock ride many times, never heard anything weird out there. Granted the bat cave and the old cemetary were a bit creepy in the dark, but luke let me hold his hand :D

The weird shit happens on Wednesdays. And those two places are about the least creepy destinations there.

gtluke

The Moped
I broke a stick with my wheel, it flipped up hit me in the ribs and I seriously thought someone hit me with it. Nothing like creepy night rides when your light is burning out :D
hahaha I got hit with one today in the shoulder and did the same thing :)

The Kalmyk

Washington Crossing park is very creepy at night, the areas with the pines just freaks me out. Will all of the Revolutionary war fire places still there, it makes it worse.

I like to wild camp there...

As for being freaked out in the woods:hmmm:...When by myself I usually turn my music up and zone out

olegbabich

A couple of weeks ago I was out on an early morning ride. It was still pitch dark and I was passing a corn field with two Combine Harvesters parked in it. There were some floating lights around one of them. It was very weird and then I got that creepy feeling, so I got up out of my seat and punched it.

Ghosts in the Combine, that should be a new song for Sting.:hmmm:

Top Bottom