Thanksgiving Ride????

S

Shar0se

I posted this thread on the rides, races and events site as well but thought I re-post it here. Since I'm no longer heading to the crowded bars to see old friends from high school the night before Thanksgiving I'd love to go for an early ride. A moderately paced ride that a beginner could handle. ;) I've heard of Thanksgiving Day rides in the past. Any plans already made or interest in going?

Can you believe we're already talking Thanksgiving?!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Wawyanda is the place to be on T-Day. Expect up to 50 riders showing up to make many levels. Most getting off between 8:30 and 9:00. Good times, and home for dinner.

S

Shar0se

Wawyanda is the place to be on T-Day. Expect up to 50 riders showing up to make many levels. Most getting off between 8:30 and 9:00. Good times, and home for dinner.
awesome- thanks! I've never ridden up there so that'll be fun. :)

xc62701

Last year was awesome. Frozen trees dipped in ice. It was like riding under glass chandeliers. It's usually a fun time up at Wawayanda.

S

Shar0se

Last year was awesome. Frozen trees dipped in ice. It was like riding under glass chandeliers. It's usually a fun time up at Wawayanda.
So if I go does this mean you wont ride at warp speed? Or did I just ruin your day by saying that? lol :) Maybe your Mom would like to share some T-Day food with me before I head back to Spfd for the day? In fact I would bet money she would....this could work out nicely.....go for a ride, eat two Thanksgiving meals (Cranbury Sauce and Pumpkin Pie - yum!!)....;)

xc62701

So if I go does this mean you wont ride at warp speed? Or did I just ruin your day by saying that? lol :) Maybe your Mom would like to share some T-Day food with me before I head back to Spfd for the day? In fact I would bet money she would....this could work out nicely.....go for a ride, eat two Thanksgiving meals (Cranbury Sauce and Pumpkin Pie - yum!!)....;)

Well there's usually more than one group. There's three different speeds: Normal Speed, Warp Speed and Plaid. Ride in whichever group suits you.

There might be some extra Turkey to go around. Do me a favor though, eat cranberry sauce by me so your dad can have some at your dinner. I don't want to see him getting angry again cause you ate all the C-Sauce. :D

S

Shar0se

Ok guys, it's that time of year again. Many people have been asking about thanksgiving day rides. Every year we ride at Wawayanda Thanksgiving Day morning and coincidentally all meet at the same time(you need permits for an organized ride.) This has been a big turnout in the past with over 90 riders. All are welcome. We are riding at 8:00 so everyone can get on their way for the holiday turkey. Meet at the boat launch parking lot and we'll start from there. Chances are there will be several groups going out. It's a very informal ride, but the more the merrier.
Pete from Town Cycle posted this.

Any other beginner females going or females who want to ride at a nice slow pace??

D

DANSPANK

There's an excrutiatingly slim chance that I may make it but I'm heading out into Hoboken tonight so will likely not be feeling too good tomorrow. If I do make it then I'll be one of the very slow riders!

Oh, and COME ON ENGLAND! 3pm vs Croatia. If we don't win then we're out of the European cup and that's very sad. 3pm Mulligans on first street, Hoboken!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
There's an excrutiatingly slim chance that I may make it but I'm heading out into Hoboken tonight so will likely not be feeling too good tomorrow. If I do make it then I'll be one of the very slow riders!

Oh, and COME ON ENGLAND! 3pm vs Croatia. If we don't win then we're out of the European cup and that's very sad. 3pm Mulligans on first street, Hoboken!

Lots of Action today!! You guys have the toughest match...Hopefully I can catch it online with TVU Player here at work ;)
you guys gotta qualify...c'mon, Greece is already qualified, that would really suck if England doesn't make it.

You can also hope that Andorra beats or ties Russia.....yeah right ;)

And to stay on TOPIC ;), I can't make this ride

S

Shar0se

I live right down the street from Mulligans.:)

D

DANSPANK

Great, see you at 3!

I've just realised that this is in the ladies section. Sorry about that.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
ride with me sharon

I'm goin with Ryan A and he's bringing his 11 year old brother and maybe even some other juniors. We're just gonna go have a grand ole time riding around and playing. It's something you can definitely handle. It's a very friendly ride. No worries.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Are the kids going out around 8 or 8:30 ? My nephew may want to join if there are some other kids.

Top Bottom