Thanksgiving Day Rides

Mare

It's just around the corner! So what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Any group rides going on? I want to do a ride somewhere, but seeing what is happening and therefore where I can tag along.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll be doing the same thanksgiving day ride that i've done every year that i've been on a bike and in this state: the graveyard bikes thanksgiving day invatational, sponsored by yager.

edit: as bill indiactes above, here are the deets:

Thanksgiving morning 7:30

Meet at Rockaway Valley School in Boonton Township.

Ride in tandem dump trick to top of Split Rock Resevoir.

Jagermeister provided - usually about 20 people.

Pretty much downhill ride, a little hike-a-bike.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4516774

Last edited:

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
hahah eat shit old man!! on the way back to the lot i almost ate it on the glass trail forgetting about my lack of brakes.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i'll be doing the same thanksgiving day ride that i've done every year that i've been on a bike and in this state: the graveyard bikes thanksgiving day invatational, sponsored by yager.

edit: as bill indiactes above, here are the deets:
More info? I guess this is a shuttle run, but does the tandem pickup at the "finish" line? What time does it usually end?

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
There is a Wawayanda Ride on Thanksgiving at 8:30. We do it every year. Lots of people typically show up and we break it up into manageable groups. It's a lot of fun.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Where do you start from? Boathouse parking lot?

Yes, the boathouse parking lot.

Some groups may start congregating at 8:00. They usually just keep rollong in and may still be gathering up by 9:00 for late groups. 3 or 4 clubs, families with kids, national and world champions, and one year an olympic gold medalist showed up. Does anyone know who that was?? As many as 60 people one year. We try to keep the groups under 15, but we all seem to morph together at some point.

It's a great ride! I give it a :):):):):)

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
More info? I guess this is a shuttle run, but does the tandem pickup at the "finish" line? What time does it usually end?

Shuttle leaves from finish. Drive up Split Rock road get "dumped" on Charlottesburg Rd. Mileage is only around 7 or 8 miles (1 - 1 1/2 on the road). Total time is usually in the 1:30 to 1:45 area. I think this our 22nd year (my 21st) doing this ride. If anyone gets tired - then can tie onto my seat post.

Park here
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...mwc_Rockaway Valley School Park____&encType=1

J

jbronko1@mac.com

question re: waway thanksgiving ride

Hi. I read that the wawayanda thanksgiving ride leaves from the boathouse. i have never been to waway. is that easy to find? is there an address or a google map link to the boathouse? also, how long does the thanksgiving ride usually take? i would love to join and see waway with some folks who know it, and who know how to avoid bears ;)

Top Bottom