Thanksgiving Day Rides

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Boat Launch - Go in main gate. Pass ranger station. Go about 2 miles, and paved road bends left into beach lot. Follow through beach lot to the left, until lot at the end.

Most of the rides are between 2.5 - 3 hours.

xc62701

I hope we get an ice storm like 2 years ago. That made for some sketchy and beautiful riding! Everything was glazed in ice and awesome...memories...:)

pinkshirtphotos

ill be at waway with my camera this year..... and i'm going to try finding a xc bike to borrow for the day.... (one with 26" wheels, suspension, and gears)

secondspeed02

Boat Launch - Go in main gate. Pass ranger station. Go about 2 miles, and paved road bends left into beach lot. Follow through beach lot to the left, until lot at the end.

Most of the rides are between 2.5 - 3 hours.

:)Happy early thanksgiving !!! I'll be up there too wow its been years since I have biked this place oh yea I was 16 or 17 yrs old.... "Going back n' the day" :cool:
>>
>peace

mtn_goat

Hi. I read that the wawayanda thanksgiving ride leaves from the boathouse. i have never been to waway. is that easy to find? is there an address or a google map link to the boathouse? also, how long does the thanksgiving ride usually take? i would love to join and see waway with some folks who know it, and who know how to avoid bears ;)

The best way to avoid bears is to use PASRBYATB, which is - Put A Slower Rider Between You And The Bear. Truthfully, bears are not an issue, they usually stop and look at you, then continue on their merry way, just don't chase them, and you won't have any issues.

Don't let the bears scare you from riding here, they are not problems.

lushizzle

Anyone leaving from NYC for the Wawayanda ride? I need a lift there, but not returning. My wife will be picking me up after the ride. Are there any rides planned for black friday as well?

pinkshirtphotos

I will if someone will lend me a suspension fork .... i love being rigid as much as the next guy but lil suspension will be nice in the winter and waway.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
You're goin soft on me. I'll be on the rigid on Thanksgiving. So will Ryan. And we have those bikes with small wheels. You could ride my 29er if you really wanted, but you'd have to come get it.

xc62701

You're goin soft on me. I'll be on the rigid on Thanksgiving. So will Ryan. And we have those bikes with small wheels. You could ride my 29er if you really wanted, but you'd have to come get it.

Oooh yea rigid love baby! I launched a nice 2 foot cement slab on the rigid yesterday and it was smiling back at me :D It'll be up at waway thursday. It eats rocks for breakfast....except for the one that may have popped my tire yesterday...

Panhead

I will if someone will lend me a suspension fork .... i love being rigid as much as the next guy but lil suspension will be nice in the winter and waway.

I'll lend you a whole bike, nice 5x6" travel. PM me if your interested.

Ryan- Rigid launches is the reason I carry 3 lbs of tubes with me. Like I said, its a lot lighter than a 25 lb bike on the way back to the car.

xc62701

I'll lend you a whole bike, nice 5x6" travel. PM me if your interested.

Ryan- Rigid launches is the reason I carry 3 lbs of tubes with me. Like I said, its a lot lighter than a 25 lb bike on the way back to the car.

Yea I quickly realized that it's not good to harass the guy with 2 extra spare tubes on his bike when you have none and the rear tire is gettin squishy...:getsome:

xc62701

We might have a special guest appearance as well. It seems my bro is flying out last minute for Turkey day. He might join as well. That is if we ever get back from LaGuardia Wednesday night... :rolleyes:

Panhead

Yea I quickly realized that it's not good to harass the guy with 2 extra spare tubes on his bike when you have none and the rear tire is gettin squishy...:getsome:

It would have been fun shoving a 29er into a 26er- kinda like 9 lbs of s**t in a 6 lb bag. I had a 26" in my bike for a few months already. I'll be heading in when you guys are heading out on Thanksgiving, might see you then. Probably on the gearie, had a bit if pain after Kitt c-bone needs a few more weeks I guess

Top Bottom