Thanks for being THAT team

Slugger

I have to give a massive shoutout to the MTBNJ team for your impeccable manners at Waway this weekend. Sometimes it is hard to remember that the people going much slower than you are, in fact, still racing. However, without one single exception, the MTBNJ pro/cat 1 men passed us cat 2 women with grace, style, and the utmost courtesy. From Utah's shoutout that got me smiling to Eric's absolutely fantastic patience and cheering that allowed me to get through a rocky section without pressure (and encouraged me to not screw up!) to every other blue and orange blur that zipped by, you set the bar very high - a bar that I'm sorry to say some other teams were not close to reaching. I can't tell you how much that kind of thing matters when you are deep in the suffer cave and just trying to stay upright, while actually still racing for your own podium.

Thank you. Thank you for being THAT team. It is noticed, it matters, and it is appreciated.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
that is a very nice compliment, thank you!

PS, i was the guy that said you had two miles to go ;)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was nice seeing you out there and thanks for the kid words....dont mind me, im known for talking people ears off. :) Its actually a fun part about this race, I like having people to chat with...usually never happens.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Slugger thanks for the shout out to the group. I must admit my encouragement wasn't entirely altruistic. There was no passing line on that rock bridge section you were on and had you bobbled or if I had tried to make a pass it is likely we both would have had to put a foot down, which would have been slower for both of us. Smart passes are fast passes. I've made enough dumb passes in my day to learn that sometimes you gotta go slow to go fast.

Slugger

@Slugger thanks for the shout out to the group. I must admit my encouragement wasn't entirely altruistic. There was no passing line on that rock bridge section you were on and had you bobbled or if I had tried to make a pass it is likely we both would have had to put a foot down, which would have been slower for both of us. Smart passes are fast passes. I've made enough dumb passes in my day to learn that sometimes you gotta go slow to go fast.

It takes a smart racer to figure that out. The *&$#! who ran me into a tree and nearly broke my pinky, thus effing up BOTH of us on what should have been a very straightforward hop up a rock to a nice wide passing area, was not so smart...or so kind. That happened just a few minutes before you saw me, which made your pass even sweeter.

And thanks Pearl! Sorry I didn't recognize you - I was trying not to be TOO upset! But the miles, they did pass...eventually. :)

Utah, I'll put some lead weights in your wheels and we can chat all race long!

Top Bottom