Thank goodness I decided to clean my bike before riding....

U

UK IN NY

So I decided to make use of the slightly warm weather yesterday and give the old girl a wash and brush up, etc.

As I was wiping the bike dry, I notice some strange movement in the rear suspension linkage....

One of the bolts in the bridge piece (not sure if that is the right description, looks like a strengthening bar) is completely missing!

No idea when it came out, but cannot have been too long as i look the bike over regularly...

the bike is an 08 Haro Xeon.

I used this photo online to show the missing bolt.

missingbolt.jpg

So my question is, is this going to be a standard size? where can i get another one?

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
So my question is, is this going to be a standard size? where can i get another one?

Most of those bolts are pretty standard, hit your LBS for the hook-up. If not, you may be able to match something up at Lowes (not Home Depot, LOWES!!)

-Jim.

U

UK IN NY

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

Is it a common occurance for these types of fasteners to work loose..? I ride Ringwood, so not too many jumps etc, but it gets a good shaking!

I'll run it past my LBS to get it sorted.

Thanks!

E

ecoast

Any good hardware store should have something as well as a nylock if that's what it needs. Plus, you can prob. go in and out and just buy what you need w/o the return hassle of the 'big' stores.

Nice bike; I have a sonix...20 mins south of you...

syadasti

Wet Rag
If not, you may be able to match something up at Lowes (not Home Depot, LOWES!!)

What's the difference, both places have specialty stainless and hardened steel bolt selections?

I agree a specialty hardware is probably a better option than big box.

U

UK IN NY

Thanks.... it looks to be threaded in there, so I will buy a few and try my luck. the nyloc is a good call. I am working away (Philly) but should get a chance to fix it over the weekend.

And I like the Haro. I took a bit of a shot on it, and so far (one season) it has been great.
If you are close then once me and my buddy start riding Ringwood again feel free to join us. its not far from you at all!

U

UK IN NY

Thanks! thats good to know.

Lowes is a little further for me, but not enough for it not to be worth the effort.

Top Bottom