tested out the new Session 8 today. first ride.

njkayaker

did some hiking and runs off the Radio Tower trails KVSP. Think I am going to love this bike. front hub has a little play in it that needs to be tightened up. can't wait to get it on some real DH trails.
G0010093.jpg
G0020202.jpg
G0020248.jpg
G0020288 (1).jpg
G0010093.jpg

njkayaker

I was going to check out Windham today but the front hub has some play in it. going to bring it to Sussex Bike and get it straitened out.

Attachments

• G0020164.jpg
    G0020164.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1711.JPG
    IMG_1711.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 238

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
BEAUTIFUL!
Love the color scheme.
While purple is my favorite color, I tend to lean towards black with a dash of red for mountain bikes
very nice. Looks like a fun bike.

njkayaker

front hub had some play in it. took it over to Sussex Bike but they are closed today. So I took it apart myself. there is no obvious way to tighten these hubs. Pete had a couple kids in training help him put the bike together and I think they just put it on wrong. there is a sleeve inside the hub that can move around. I re centered it and put it back together and the wheel is solid now. no play at all. need a Windham trip before they close.

Ian F

Looks good! Will you be racing next year?

If my hand wasn't so screwed up, I'd definitely be taking advantage of Windham being open today. A rare treat in December.

Also kicking myself because Neko Mulally was doing shuttle runs on one of his old training trails in Reading yesterday and posted on Facebook an open invite to join him. Even if I could only keep him in sight for a few seconds, it would have been fun to get some riding time with a World Cup racer.

Injuries suck...

Ian F

Not a good sign for the future doe

No... but in many ways is a parallel to mountain biking in general. I'll go places to ride and most of the people I see riding are around my age (45).

Unfortunately, as good as entry level bikes are these days, I fear the proliferation of super-expensive bikes just serves to reinforce the idea that cycling is a sport only for rich people.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No... but in many ways is a parallel to mountain biking in general. I'll go places to ride and most of the people I see riding are around my age (45).

Unfortunately, as good as entry level bikes are these days, I fear the proliferation of super-expensive bikes just serves to reinforce the idea that cycling is a sport only for rich people.
Kinda like where skiing and boarding have gone

Chillydog

Agreed even at 41 I`m having a hard time looking at new bikes and explaining why I have to spend so much to the family on my new bike. Favorite answer back from the GF and 10 year old daughter "But Your Not A PRO"

njkayaker

maybe in the spring. it got muddy today as the ground thawed out. he has to finish that trail. that is the bottom portion. he has to build the top portion. should be awesome when he finishes it.

Top Bottom