TENTATIVE Campmor H2H race series 07

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, just have fun right now but try to get on the bike more often than not during the week, especially as you get closer to the "season". BUt also bear in mind that you might do 1 race and hate it. So don't focus everything on that. Worj it into your enjoyment and if it's not for you, then you haven't spend 5 months working yourself up for something you don't like.

ArmyOfNone

for now, i would say just have fun. don't want to mentally burn yourself out on mtbing. to specifically prepare for mtb races though, i would suggest going to sourlands, getting out of the car, getting ready, and just charging straight up the fireroad climb. course designers tend to like to start you out on climbs. it's somewhat for the better though, because it seperates the contenders from the people just out to have a good time, and tends to get everyone singlefile before the singletrack starts. after charging up the climb, keep pedaling. if you reallly want a good position going into the singletrack, you need to be able to beat a good amount of guys up that first climb, and still have the energy to keep them behind you.

also try doing a few rides non-stop. the stops on group rides aren't there in races. granted, j likes to keep you moving:D , but....

you mean the really hugemungous pipeline climb?! ooo my! that has been something i have been thinking about. figure if i can make it up that beast then i should b able to scale almost any climb i run into. Let me know when you want to go again!:D :D

B.L.

Make sure you get a good warm-up before simlulating race starts...this can really help you on race day, too.

Just try to have fun and you definitely don't need to hammer every time you go out. Long, casual, but steady rides are very important, too.

It's a good idea to try to taper your riding a little bit before your first race so you feel ready to go and try to get plenty of sleep.

Keeping it fun is the name of the game!

ArmyOfNone

Yea i kno

I believe me and Jeff were discussing this earlier. SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

once you go without sleep for say 24 hell even 30 hours once or twice, its not so bad.

Top Bottom