TENTATIVE Campmor H2H race series 07

NJ Jess

Hope this helps with planning your training for the 2007 season. Remember, this is tentative, but should be close.

The 3rd year of the Campmor H2H series is already shaping up! We had a great meeting the other night and here's the tentative schedule:

May 6th Wawayanda State Park (NJ)....................Skylands Cycling

June 24th Kittatiny Valley State Park(NJ)..................Team Bulldog
(Also an AMBC race and the New Jersey State Championship Race)

July 8th Stewart State Forest (NY)...............Dark Horse Cycles

July 15th Lewis Morris Park (NJ)...................Marty's Reliable Cycle

Sept. 9th Blue Mountain (NY)............................WMBA

Sept. 23rd Hidden Valley (NJ)..................................Town Cycle

Sept. 30th Tymor Park (NY)..................................Eastern Sports Promotions

Oct. 14th Ringwood State Park (NJ)...................................RVCC
(Series Finals)

Remember that this schedule is tentative as we have to wait for approval from some land managers, but we will do everything in our power to make these dates stick.

Looks like another great year!!!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
And for all you Single-Speed minded riders ..... There will be both Sport and Pro/expert classes in the SS division for both men and women. :)

Also Team Campmor will be hosting a few pre-ride tours of the courses for women. So if you race on occassion, or were just thinking about giving it a try, this is a great chance to ask any questions or learn some new lines from other racers.

And ... Don't forget to get out early and do your Paydirt! go to jorba.org for details.

:) :) :) :) :)
Get out and ride!

pixy

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

And for all you Single-Speed minded riders ..... There will be both Sport and Pro/expert classes in the SS division for both men and women. :)

Also Team Campmor will be hosting a few pre-ride tours of the courses for women. So if you race on occassion, or were just thinking about giving it a try, this is a great chance to ask any questions or learn some new lines from other racers.

And ... Don't forget to get out early and do your Paydirt! go to jorba.org for details.

:) :) :) :) :)
Get out and ride!

pixy

So this year would be my first year of racing. I have been riding SS. I dont plan on going back to a geared bike (why would anyone else?) If there is only a sport and expert class for SS, how tough is the sport class? Im guessing its not a beginer class. however by that time i really would not consider myself to be at a beginner level. BUT i dont want to go in over my head and end up with a bad taste in my mouth.

Ideas??? Thoughts???

Maurice

So this year would be my first year of racing. I have been riding SS. I dont plan on going back to a geared bike (why would anyone else?) If there is only a sport and expert class for SS, how tough is the sport class? Im guessing its not a beginer class. however by that time i really would not consider myself to be at a beginner level. BUT i dont want to go in over my head and end up with a bad taste in my mouth.

Ideas??? Thoughts???

What's your riding like?

FWIW I entered this same series in 2004 directly in Sport (same price more miles is how I viewed it) and actually raced half the season on a singlespeed. I had bought my first mountain bike in July of 2003 (think out-of-shape couch potato looking for some exercise... Lost 30 pounds by the end of 2004).

YMMV but if you ride regularly you should be alright.

Maurice

Shaggz

A strong 7
Norm: That place is a blast to ride! Is this the race the Dark Horse 40? I know they used to do a churn and burn 12 hour there, but I think it was cancelled last year...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yup, the Dark Horse 40. Early August I think. I don't recall anything about a Churn & Burn - I know they bagged a lot of their races last year.

Maurice

Stewart is not the Dark Horse 40.

That place is sick fast, I did the entire race (H2H, not 40, did that on the singlespeed) on the big ring... Took me a bit to recover from the kidney pain after that.

When it's wet it's a bit different.

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry I muddled the waters a bit there with my post. Yeah the Stewart H2H race and the Dark Horse 40 are different.

I have no idea if I'm doing any of the H2H races yet.

Maurice

Sorry I muddled the waters a bit there with my post. Yeah the Stewart H2H race and the Dark Horse 40 are different.

I have no idea if I'm doing any of the H2H races yet.

You owe to yourself to at least try the Lewis-Morris challenge, the Running of the Dogs or Ringwood. Ringwood is a classic (they even call it the 'Fall Classic' IIRC). They used to run it twice, what a treat.

The cherry on the cake is Blue Mountain, the most beautiful course IMO (closely followed by Williams Lake, man what an epic..., but moot now).

Riding and racing are two completely different things.

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You owe to yourself to at least try the Lewis-Morris challenge, the Running of the Dogs or Ringwood. Ringwood is a classic (they even call it the 'Fall Classic' IIRC). They used to run it twice, what a treat.

The cherry on the cake is Blue Mountain, the most beautiful course IMO (closely followed by Williams Lake, man what an epic..., but moot now).

Riding and racing are two completely different things.

Maurice

The LM race is right near the house, like 15 minutes or so. The Running of the Dogs is cancelled, though I think you just mean the KVSP H2H race? I'm thinking of just jumping into Wawayanda in Sport to see how I like it. If I do maybe I ride out the season. If not well it was only 1 race. Really unsure about the 2007 season right now, since 2 of the 4 events I was certain to do got bagged.

I agree that riding & racing are different, but if I'm going to pony up the money to race, I don't want to pay to have my name in lights as the guy who always comes in DFL.

Maurice

The LM race is right near the house, like 15 minutes or so. The Running of the Dogs is cancelled, though I think you just mean the KVSP H2H race? I'm thinking of just jumping into Wawayanda in Sport to see how I like it. If I do maybe I ride out the season. If not well it was only 1 race. Really unsure about the 2007 season right now, since 2 of the 4 events I was certain to do got bagged.

I agree that riding & racing are different, but if I'm going to pony up the money to race, I don't want to pay to have my name in lights as the guy who always comes in DFL.

'Bulldog Rump' may be the correct name, I confused.

:D Someone has to DFL. Why would you be afraid of that? FWIW you could be the guy that always comes in first, your name in lights and all and still very few people would be aware of it. You have to do it for yourself, little else matters.

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
'Bulldog Rump' may be the correct name, I confused.

:D Someone has to DFL. Why would you be afraid of that? FWIW you could be the guy that always comes in first, your name in lights and all and still very few people would be aware of it. You have to do it for yourself, little else matters.

Maurice

No no, not afraid of it. It just seems a waste of money if I'm going to JRA for an hour or 2. I mean I already do that and pay nothing, other than standard operating costs. I mean if I try my hardest and still lose, well that's the way it goes. No shame in publically sucking hog if that's the way it is.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
norm, i did the LMC last year in the beginner class and it was tough. seven miles isn't a lot but when you're charging as hard as you can and not stopping (barring tech issues...which killed five or 10 minutes of my time) it's not easy. i thought i was in shape too. but, it was a great experience. if the KVSP race is canned, i'll do the LMC this year in the beginner class on the SS. if the sport was 14 miles or so, i'd probably plan on that but unless i get a ton of miles in this off season there is no way i'll be able to do that. it was a great and VERY eye opening experience though...

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
You Can Do It!

Ideas??? Thoughts???
Dude, you'd be fine in Sport SS. Trust me.:D

You're allowed to race on the SS in the "regular" classes too, you know.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey, is the Ringwood Race in conflict with the All-A-Muchy 50k?

Top Bottom