Tentative 2009 Campmor H2H Schedule

Hot, hot, hot!

True, but 2+ months off in the middle of the season last year was too much. Unless you filled it in with plenty of other races, it was like 2 separate race seasons. Happy to see it just a month now, and also happy to see Ringwood as the final again.

I'll have to see where this all fits into my marathon schedule. ;)

jamie,
heard the same rumors but am going lay it on the line for the 16th as of now. if we have to we can fall back on the 2nd. we would just lose the guys who are headed to pa for the 101. the plan is to give an opportunity for guys and gals doing the 100's to still come to the 40 since it falls smack dab in between the 2 big local ones.
we'll see. hard to make everybody happy.

Also, I've put together a google calendar of the races in the area as well as the national calendar races in the mid atlantic and northeast, the UCI World Cups in Canada and the NUE races:

LINK HERE

Will add the MASS races, the Root 66 races, the EFTA races, the Catskills races, any regional 24 hour races, etc, as they're announced...

jamie,
heard the same rumors but am going lay it on the line for the 16th as of now. hard to make everybody happy.

No worries, and you're right about that. There's is no possible way for all the races and series in the region to not conflict. It's a good thing, I hope, that so many people are out racing bikes and that there are plenty of promoters who want to do events!

There will be age groups for Cat 1:
15-18
19-29
30-39
40-49
50+
and SS
as well as being allowed to race Pro/Cat 1 open

Not much has changed, just a little more flexibility.

I'm hoping that the promoters will also be flexible about age group heats; one would think that the 19-29 group is faster but it's not. It's a pain passing so many people, especially at JH.

jamie,
heard the same rumors but am going lay it on the line for the 16th as of now. if we have to we can fall back on the 2nd. we would just lose the guys who are headed to pa for the 101. the plan is to give an opportunity for guys and gals doing the 100's to still come to the 40 since it falls smack dab in between the 2 big local ones.
we'll see. hard to make everybody happy.

Thank you! ;)

True, but 2+ months off in the middle of the season last year was too much. Unless you filled it in with plenty of other races, it was like 2 separate race seasons. Happy to see it just a month now, and also happy to see Ringwood as the final again.

I'll have to see where this all fits into my marathon schedule. ;)

I don't know, 2 months is just the right amount of time that you need to wear a cast:D

Exactly- it's a great system. Cat 1's can race their age group, or choose to step up and race for the bigger money in the Pro/Cat 1 open class. It's more cross-like, so you have to like it, Jim! ;)

I like the Open Class idea. You'd get a lot more guys that are close in fitness and actually get to "race" against someone, even if it's for 30th place, it makes it very exciting as a competitor. That's one of my big draws to 'cross, every position is a battle:D

-Jim.

PS-The 2 month break was good for me as well, I was out of commission with impaled inards and healed up just in time for 24HOA!!

Last edited:
It does vary from year to year, mostly cause we all have to get along, fit and work together. This is not something we even have the luxury to design. Half the time it is because most state parks will not allow a bike race between Memorial Day and Labor day. So you can thank them for the break. ... our main objective is to bring you the best race opportunities.

Any idea when a tenative MASS series schedule comes out?

What about the DH40?

I was checking the posts from last year to see when the mass schedule was released. I think we can expect to see it in mid january. The team director/race promoter meeting is on january 11th. Hopefully they will have stuff finalized shortly after that. . .

Back
Top Bottom