Tenafly Bicycle Workshop, Tenafly

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How is there not a post here about these folks? FFS

Need to call them out.
Aside from the incredible commitment from Shep on promoting and engaging with the biking community (see NICA, PMTB, efforts to get legal cycling in Bergen Co, building at Sterling, etc), his shops are top notch.

Specifically are my guys at the Pro shop-
Kevin herding the cats, my man Danny keeping my stuff running right.

Just had another phenomenal shop experience with them. Quick turn around, and work done right.
These folks have earned my trust and will always get my business (whether they want it or not!)

If you’re local, see them- you’ll be a customer for life.

serviceguy

Need to call them out.
Aside from the incredible commitment from Shep on promoting and engaging with the biking community (see NICA, PMTB, efforts to get legal cycling in Bergen Co, building at Sterling, etc), his shops are top notch.

Just had another phenomenal shop experience with them. Quick turn around, and work done right.
These folks have earned my trust and will always get my business (whether they want it or not!)

I personally have never purchased anything from Tenafly because the shop is way too far from my location, but that said, I met @Shepard Grinker a few times during trail maintenance and he's a great guy and always willing to help. Also, he was happy to help me out with some chain lube for free at JORBAFest when I realized I forgot to put any on my ultrasonically cleaned chain, basically saving my freshly installed 12 speed drivetrain from destruction!

Yay Tenafly Bicycle Workshop!

Fat Trout

Need to call them out.

I bought my Ibis Mojo from them as they were the closest shop and I'm not sold on mail order. They really are a great shop. Unfortunately for me they are an hour+ away. If they were even somewhat local to me I would definite have them do work that I would otherwise do myself.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I'm in westwood so I hit up westwood cycle for a lot of stuff, but I wanted to note how great tenafly bike workshop is. I was there tonight and the shop is beautiful, their bikes are completely awesome, and Kevin the guy running things tonight was friendly and knowledgeable. What a great shop.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
TBW having the end of summer sale right now up to 30% off select models, 25% off all Ibis!
80EE5AD6-A73E-46E7-B679-BA69375B3A33.jpeg

B60B610E-E5AC-4AD0-A69A-3C1CE96D45AA.jpeg

littlev21

plus one!! I do wish they'd open a sister shop west of 287!!! We have four Marty's out here!! (Marty's is also cool, but dont have as many highest level offering as Tenafly!)

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
plus one!! I do wish they'd open a sister shop west of 287!!! We have four Marty's out here!! (Marty's is also cool, but dont have as many highest level offering as Tenafly!)
It’s not a bad drive, and I’m sure Shep will make it worth your while!

BananaFred

plus one...meant to put up a post. Great group. Really strong buying experience. Purchased an Ibis Ripley AF and could not be happier.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I have my bike serviced there, and always a super job and very quick turnaround. It is worth a 40 minute drive for me. Plus the shop supports local advocacy.

Oey12

I just want to give these guys a big shout out for their incredible customer service and knowledge. I just got my bike back today after a fork and shock upgrade. They went above and beyond explaining how my particular suspension manufacturer (DVO) worked and how it was setup as a base point. Never had suspension explained to me in a way I could truly understand.

SIMPLY AMAZING…

I did not purchase the bike from them and they didn’t carry the brand. But they treated me and my bike as if I did. Really cool…

They have a customer for life and I would happily purchase my next bike from them. A great experience!

Last edited:

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey All-
Tenafly is doing a Black Friday sale at both shops (you want the Pro Shop)
Check them out!

BLACK FRIDAY SALE!​

Friday, November 25th, and Saturday, November 26th.​

Up to 20% off FAMILY SHOP bikes​

Up to 35% off PRO SHOP bikes​

15-20% off apparel and accessories at all stores​

1669141684423.png

1669141580602.png

1669141597800.png

scott62

The family shop was mostly the low end bikes so it’s kinda expected. The big box stores own the low end of the market imo. Good luck with the pro shop.

Top Bottom