Tell me where you rode today...

Bikeworks

IMG_2781.jpg

Great conditions. Forgot how much I like these trails.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Patrick You want me to collect these or leave 'em

damn - i knew David was going to miss that bike sign - i have no idea how he missed the others.
I don't think we are back there for a couple weeks. Could you put them in the beach bathroom hall?
If the door is open to the lifeguard room, drop them in there, otherwise we'll call the lifeguard to stash them.

Thanks as always.

SAM

Where is this?
Not close, unfortunately. It is a great park with trails for all skill levels and some neat features (that I skipped). It's the Colonel Francis J. Beatty Regional Park in Matthews, NC outside Charlotte.

Speaking of turtles, saw this guy on the ride today from Fort Mill, SC down to the Catawba River on Bater Community Trails.

IMG_3921.jpg

Trails are nice. River is beautiful.

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

Ian F

This may look familiar to a few folks:

1660050078121.png

Managed to get in a bit over 80 miles in over 5 (more like 4 and a half) days. I'm glad I abandoned the 20/31 challenge and gave myself time to recover as my legs felt decent for the trip. While it wasn't as hot as here in the PA/NJ area, it was still quite warm and humid - especially when staying at a mtn side condo designed for winter occupancy and NOT for summer weather (piss-poor air flow). If the trip next year has a similar weather forecast, I'm packing a window or portable A/C unit into the van.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
This may look familiar to a few folks:

View attachment 193304

Managed to get in a bit over 80 miles in over 5 (more like 4 and a half) days. I'm glad I abandoned the 20/31 challenge and gave myself time to recover as my legs felt decent for the trip. While it wasn't as hot as here in the PA/NJ area, it was still quite warm and humid - especially when staying at a mtn side condo designed for winter occupancy and NOT for summer weather (piss-poor air flow). If the trip next year has a similar weather forecast, I'm packing a window or portable A/C unit into the van.
How’d you see thru those fogged up glasses🔥💨 👓

Ian F

How’d you see thru those fogged up glasses🔥💨 👓
It wasn't easy. It was so humid yesterday morning my glasses fogged up the instant I stopped. Plus, these glasses are so scratched up, it's not exactly clear when they aren't fogged. I really need new glasses/lenses. I wear my glasses close to my eyes and eventually my eye lashes wear the inside coating off the lenses from blinking.

It really poured the evening before and since we went out fairly early, nothing had burned off. We went because the woman I was riding with likes that trail and it was one of the few we hadn't ridden during the trip. We figured we'd try it and if it was too sketchy we'd turn back and take the alternate trail down. The bridges and roots were wet, but not un-rideable. I rode all but one bridge - a short one, but over a small creek with probable a 6' drop - high consequences of failure. We had stopped just before it and I wasn't confident I'd be able to create enough momentum to get across it without needing to pedal. She slid out on the first bridge section, but rode the rest except the same one I walked. She said it was almost worse to walk than to ride, but she was wearing XC clipless shoes vs. the Five Ten Enduro clipless shoes I wore, which have fairly grippy soles.

Since our condo was on Burke Mtn, we were able to ride to the start via Millie's Way and had left my van at the main lot to shuttle back. From the time we rolled out to the time we were back at the condo for final packing was under and hour. Nice way to end our vacation.

Top Bottom