Tell me where you rode today...

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
855CBC3D-2B63-4BEC-9B2A-16CB8DAE1822.jpeg
89DA3AF2-647B-4107-86A0-F427A4D39128.jpeg

The Kalmyk

6 Mile. Saw a lot of ferraris with ford level riders on them today. Trails were awesome and temps, well, you know!

7C8DD099-7BD3-4C34-A00C-1C99C0F06CF3.jpeg

Dodging an unaware rider had my hand meet a tree. She basically saw me and i saw her, as we started to come to the point of passing.. she turned into me.

9E014988-693E-4AF9-91B6-B80740B78761.jpeg

If this is your Ford... I hope your spacial awareness was saved for the trails. Other peoples children😂😂

Last edited:

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
For the past seven years or so, I've been doing a Solstice Brewery Tour in my region on the weekend closest to the summer solstice (for maximum daylight!) It started years ago when I realized that there was a way to ride three of the closest trail systems with only about 20 miles of road (and all of that early in the day when the roads are more or less empty anyway.) I've been snakebit by crappy weather the last few years, seemingly always running into some kind of monsoon rain storm right around the time I reach Wissahickon. I would have preferred to do the ride a weekend ago this year, but family obligations kept me from doing so. Considering the 18th was (1) the start of my vacation, (2) unseasonably cool but perfect MTB weather and - most importantly - (3) dry, I was sure that I would miss my only shot at a perfect weekend and the replacement date of this past Saturday would be a mess of mud, rain and stifling humidity. But turns out I was totally wrong. Sure, it was a bit hot all day, but I'm okay with that. The weather was actually pretty perfect all day. Still, after a week off in which I didn't exactly key on fitness and the fact that my lower back is at this point a 50/50 proposition to leave me weeping on the side of anything resembling an incline, I wasn't 100% sure I could even handle the distance anymore. But I'm a firm believer in the notion that if you're going to do stupid things, you have to go full stupid or don't go at all. So Saturday morning at 6 am, I saddled up and rode out of my driveway to do another trip around the region's best trails while sampling whatever breweries I encountered along the route. I had a mechanical to deal with early on - my BB was acting up and I never got it properly sorted, so I just dealt with creaking all day but I spent a good 20 minutes trying to fix it. As a result, I ended up skipping my first stop at Conshohocken just to stay on track. As a result, only visited 5 of my usual 6 breweries (in order, Manayunk, Wissahickon, Forrest & Main, McAllister's and finally Well Crafted.) All in all, a pretty solild day ...

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

P5.jpg

P6.jpg

P7.jpg

P8.jpg

P9.jpg

P10.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
6 Mile. Saw a lot of ferraris with ford level riders on them today. Trails were awesome and temps, well, you know!

View attachment 187454
Dodging an unaware rider had my hand meet a tree. She basically saw me and i saw her, as we started to come to the point of passing.. she turned into me.

View attachment 187455
If this is your Ford... I hope your spacial awareness was saved for the trails. Other peoples children😂😂

Blue trail is really a place that should be one way. Surprised there aren't more head-ons.

don

My first time at 6 Mile was on Sat. Pretty hot and not knowing where to go it was a little confusing. I'm probably the only mtn biker that doesn't use Strava and Trailforks (had a map pic on my phone tho). I did red and orange first and then headed back to blue. For the topography the trail layout is really good and packs a lot of fun into there.

Thought the same thing about rider vs bike level. Couple dudes had e-bikes and given the style of trail there I was very surprised. On one downhill I opened it up and one of the e-bikers was coming up quickly. We both pulled off and those guys were really nice but I was thinking that could have been worse.

Also felt that the awareness was off on most riders. I felt like I was the only one pulling to the side no mater if I was going uphill or downhill. The only group that pulled over as well was coming uphill and I felt bad I stopped their flow.

I also got a nice scrape on my finger and knee. Little dust on crust took and not knowing the line took me out lol.

Blue trail is really a place that should be one way. Surprised there aren't more head-ons.

I was the bone head that was going the "wrong" way on Blue on Saturday. I felt like every corner I was meeting someone coming the opposite way. But after riding it CCW and getting into the Canal Rd. parking lot, I wanted to see if going the correct way was a lot better. Truth be told it felt good both directions. The field pump roller stuff felt way more fun going down towards the Canal parking lot. And the 3 jump line felt better going dh but other than that I didn't feel the trail flowed better one way.

Pic is from Red line - very fun but that landing scared me the second time - got on the off camber section of it.

Attachments

• IMG_5942.jpeg
    IMG_5942.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 65
Top Bottom