Telemark Trails Conditions

dmkalemba

does this refer to those trails like Lake Ames downhill, shotgun and all that other stuff? if so, i rode a bunch of it saturday and everything except shotgun was very leafy. That newest trail that cutout the woods road climbs was impossible to follow

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
does this refer to those trails like Lake Ames downhill, shotgun and all that other stuff? if so, i rode a bunch of it saturday and everything except shotgun was very leafy. That newest trail that cutout the woods road climbs was impossible to follow
Yes. And i think you're referring to Evergreen as the newest trail. These trails are awesome and tend to drain extremely well after rain.

Anyone hike or bike here in the past few days? Have an idea what the conditions are like? These trails are always pretty hardy so hoping a few miles this weekend could be in store.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Great frozen conditions this morning - no ice or snow left. Since Shotgun was leaf-blown, it may get squishy in spots after thawing. Saw some frozen ruts. I woulda left the leaves on but not my trail. I cleared a bunch of sticks and derailleur eaters from the recent wind so everything is pretty clear. No trees down that i saw and i hit almost everything.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
1" of icy crust this morning. My 2.5s broke thru most of the time but that was preferred bc was the only way to get traction. Had to push harder than normal but was able to ride almost everything on my short ride. The solid spots were interesting, especially when on a turn.
20220226_101710.jpg

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Rode pretty much everything on Telemark side this afternoon. Conditions great but leaf cover was thick in spots and I lost the trail a couple times. There are parts that look like they were raked/blown at some point but they're not consistent. Needs heavy traffic!

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Rode almost all of it yesterday. Totally fine (as usual). No mud.

Zack 54

You probably know this already… but just in case…. Large tree down on “shotgun” just above the large tree ride over!
IMG_3358.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Squeezed in a quick ride before aftercare pickup this evening and all I rode was good except a few small puddles where leaves blocked the drainage in like 3 spots.
Screenshot_20231213-221554_Trailforks.jpg

Was surprised the leaves weren't more packed down by now. Actually lost the trail a few times on Blue Flipper and Test Bore. Gus N Bru and Evergreen were better. Looked like Shotgun/Cogswell was better too. Reaction seems to have been reclaimed by the forest - couldn't even find the entrance.

Ashcor

Reports of the "stone bridge" over the creek dividing the Snake Hill and Telemark sides being taken out by the last storm. Haven't gotten there yet to see for myself. If so it will be repaired as soon as possible.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Reports of the "stone bridge" over the creek dividing the Snake Hill and Telemark sides being taken out by the last storm. Haven't gotten there yet to see for myself. If so it will be repaired as soon as possible.
You mean the actual Snake Hill Road bridge just uphill from Lake Ames? Was there Friday night and it was fine. There was evidence of water coming over the top and causing some erosion but also looked like some road crew did some cleanup. There are a couple orange cones on one side.

Edit: re-reading your post i now assume you're talking about the trail just above the neighborhood where you cross over the stream before getting to the bottom of Evergreen. If you need help fixing, PM me.

Ashcor

You mean the actual Snake Hill Road bridge just uphill from Lake Ames? Was there Friday night and it was fine. There was evidence of water coming over the top and causing some erosion but also looked like some road crew did some cleanup. There are a couple orange cones on one side.

Edit: re-reading your post i now assume you're talking about the trail just above the neighborhood where you cross over the stream before getting to the bottom of Evergreen. If you need help fixing, PM me.
No, bike bridge between the Rockaway side and Telemark side.

Attachments

• IMG_1590.jpeg
    IMG_1590.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 39

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Just finished up a full loop and all is good. Just a couple puddles that I nicked. Stream crossing rocks are same as they've always been. Musta missed new Low Line entrance but found the trail pretty quick. New start to Iron Spirit is tough but awesome.
20231230_113119.jpg
20231230_113911.jpg

Attachments

• 20231230_113911.jpg
    20231230_113911.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom