Tech report: Anatomy of a cyclocross bike

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Your kidding me ...

Mountain bars on a cross bike? say it ain't so, can't be!
The sheet comes off on the Supa-Dupa II tomorrow at
Jim V's Cross Spectular. That is if practice is still on.
Maybe I scared Jim V with all my trash talking

RC

PS: Game on :p

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Anyone get the word on when the Rutgers practices will be starting again?
Been wondering this myself. Mark V. is still hurting and does not plan to race CX this season; I don't know if that will impact the practices or not.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Wolfie is indeed jacked up, he's made no mention of practices, which usually would have started by now. He's making a huge push for the Rutgers team to win another ECCC title so I'm sure they'll be out there at some point.

As a side, our maiden CX practice went off ok. We got booted from my 1st pick course and headed back to Mountain park for plan B. After we came up with a course, we put in a couple of sets and everything was a-ok. Next week the rest of the High Gear team will be there and a few others that couldn't make it tonight so it will only get funner as more guys show up to race.

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah I thought you were pushing your luck with the course you chose. That looked like Pingry grounds to me. Was that the problem?

xc62701

This thread has some good info as I'll be wandering around the classes at this falls/winters races. On my short list is to pick up a CX bike. One of the Kona's should be in my quiver in the next few months. I did 1 race on my hardtail last season but it's time to step up and take the plunge and get dirty...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Yeah I thought you were pushing your luck with the course you chose. That looked like Pingry grounds to me. Was that the problem?

I've been riding there since I built up my bike and never had any issues, even riding around the security guys, I guess the additional people was too much, I'll have to save that loop for my own personal use;)

And Ryan, you'll have a blast racing cross, it's addicting, of course you might need to warm-up on the trainer for 7 or 8 hours prior the way you roll:D

-Jim.

xc62701

Ryan, you'll have a blast racing cross, it's addicting, of course you might need to warm-up on the trainer for 7 or 8 hours prior the way you roll:D

-Jim.

That's ok I'll just ride from Parsippany to the race and then compete and ride home. I should be warmed up then...lol. :D It'll be weird to compete for such a short time...well not weird...nice... :)

ArmyOfNone

Grr. I needed to spend some time with the lady tonight. Thats why I wasnt there or any of the three tuesday night rides. QT has been far and few in between. Ill be moving next week and as long as all goes smooth I hope to be there.

btw those skull and cross bone carriers are IMPOSSIBLE to find.

RNG1

I'm just figuring it would be nice to just fall on some grass and mud for a change instead of rocks. I've learned that tuck and roll does not work when there are boulders in the way.

Top Bottom