Tea Drinker Pro Tips needed

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
My wife purchased some loose evening tea which has a very fine grind.
I tried the 'tea ball' method, but got too many floaters. might not be the best infuser.
a long time ago, i purchased pouches for loose tea, but can't find them.

please make my wife happy - results are well documented.

qclabrat

I've been making my in a bodum. Been great with my Oolong and Pu'er but they are full leaf. What type of tea are you using?

Patrick

Staff member

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you have one of those pourover coffee strainers with a paper filter try that. You need to filter that dust out or your wife might grow hair on her chest

I have little funnels with a filter you can get at Asian stores but the powder clogs them up.

Gunpowder tea as a base. The old joke goes that the Chinese guys loading the boats with that stuff used to laugh the whole time at the white fools that buy that crap.

But I’m not sure there’s any actual tea in there?

Mahnken

This one has very fine slits in the glass infuser and also does a pretty good job, but apparently it's recalled:

Mahnken

This on the go guy has a drop down infuser, that comes back up with a lever, also has a very fine mesh to it. So it may work well, but I don't really use it because it's plastic.

PXL_20201011_142615489.jpg

jackx

We use filters like this from Teaforte.com. Also, single-use paper sachets, are like a DIY teabag.

not sure why these pictures appear sideways. Not seen this happen before.

1B379C0E-9E05-4AAB-8579-7E586FCEEDE2.jpegB6DB9241-F5BE-4576-8330-0CF83C641F07.jpeg
not

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
maybe you just need some of these? :p

This is a hybrid … of bluegrass, Kentucky bluegrass, featherbed bent, and northern California sensemilia

Top Bottom